twin compound turbo setup 6.0, anyone have one on here? thoughts?

stroke>bore

Reaction score
so im looking at buying a 2006 king ranch 350 with 80000km on it. i mean the truck is good stock but would a twin turbo be reasonable for power and reliability or would just a single bigger turbo be better. i want to show the cummins guys around here a real truck.. and have decent enough fuel economy to not break the bank. maybe a chip would be good enough for now. let me know your thoughts and experiences with a compound turbo setup. such as cost, power, reliability, drive-ability, etc. also i was thinking arp headstuds and black diamond head gaskets would be a must for this type of build. :dunno

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im looking at buying a 2006 king ranch 350 with 80000km on it. i mean the truck is good stock but would a twin turbo be reasonable for power and reliability or would just a single bigger turbo be better. i want to show the cummins guys around here a real truck.. and have decent enough fuel economy to not break the bank. maybe a chip would be good enough for now. let me know your thoughts and experiences with a compound turbo setup. such as cost, power, reliability, drive-ability, etc. also i was thinking arp headstuds and black diamond head gaskets would be a must for this type of build. :dunno

I see where you mentioned the truck was stock, IMHO you oughta be looking at the 6.0 noted trouble areas before thinking about a twin turbo...

stroke>bore

Reaction score
ya thats kinda what i thought but i wasnt sure if it would be good to go. egr delete and aftermarket oil cooler would probably have to be a for sure. and a coolant filter.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
A single turbo can get you easily into the 600hp+ range. I wouldnt do twins unless I wanted BIG power, or lots of power and the ability to tow easily.

Head studs, and a tune will put you in the 425hp and 700-750 ft lb range at the wheels. I have the SRL tune, plus FICM tuning, on an excursion with no headstuds, and its plenty fast.

stroke>bore

Reaction score
i mainly want twin turbos to say i have twin turbos lol. yes a single turbo would make tons of power but. when someone asks you what you drive and you say "twin turbo powerstroke, wbu?" but a bigger single turbo and a good tune would do wonders to a stock 6o. plus i wouldnt mind being in the diesel power challenge someday with that truck but thats a very long shot.