Turbo oil line olive

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out where the turbo oil line rubber olive peice goes???? If anyone knows let me no please!

Thank you

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first off, you need to accurately describe *** it is youre talking about.
im assuming youre talking about a ATS 093 or stock 93-94 turbo?

but im just going to state that your truck is factory, naturally aspirated.

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
88 NA motor trying to put a 93 stock turbo kit on. It's this little olive o ring peice that is suppose to fit on the oil line. I don't where it goes on

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stock oil line is a copper tube the olives go inbetween the flare and the nut.
on both sides. theres a fitting on the back oil port for this, turbo engines have larger oil ports so you must adapt.
I would advise contacting typ4 or CDI for a AN style oil line

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have the AN style oil line do I still need to use the olive peice? I just don't see where it would go because everything all fits on without out it

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uahhhh, then what is your question?
olives are not used with his banks line

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't describe it clearly, then post a pic of it. I don't know what he's talking about either.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't describe it clearly, then post a pic of it. I don't know what he's talking about either.

he's talking about mixing apples and oranges. trying to use stock oil line olives on a banks oil line kit from Russ.

no offense, but its kinda like putting gasoline in your diesel tank without 80%-ish oil :D

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad yall I understand what to do now thanks for the help, also another question, I'm having trouble fitting the actual turbo because of the trans oil dip stick.... anyone have any tips on moving it or fitting it properly?

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original factory turbo trucks had a special trans dipstick tube that came up next to the engine oil dipstick. If your transmission is an E4OD you can try to get your hands on one of those tubes with the dipstick as well. I think someone modified an obs powerstroke one before to fit, but I'm not exactly sure how they did it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seal kits are pre packaged with all parts for a factory turbo. The olives become redundant at that point. If I have to print instructions for every step, prices will go up.
All the info needed is on the forums.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original factory turbo trucks had a special trans dipstick tube that came up next to the engine oil dipstick. If your transmission is an E4OD you can try to get your hands on one of those tubes with the dipstick as well. I think someone modified an obs powerstroke one before to fit, but I'm not exactly sure how they did it.

you might be talking about me... I did use a 97 PSD trans tube. it fit pretty easily, I did have to put some minor bends in it but nothing major. it fits perfect with the banks kit so im sure it will work with some other kits also.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in some of the custom jobs ive done,
I have measured the length, cut the center of the dipstick tube out, and used 5/8 rubber oil line, with hose clamps on either end.
mount the tube solid via tabs, I never had an issue

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I am going to do, IDIoit. I'm going just try and shorten it up. And do you guys have suggestions on moving the injection pump steel lines? There is one steel line going to the back left injector that is running right under the bolt to the turbo pedestal. No way I can fit a nut there to tighten down. I tightened one down and started truck but had a massive oil leak hahaha. Going to work on it later today to see if I can move that steel fuel line but don't want to mess up the fuel system and cause leak!!!