Truck Died after Hard Acceleration

Idaho Outlaw

Reaction score
Yesterday I was getting on the freeway and had to get on the throttle hard to get in my right lane. When I let off the truck died, no sputter, or indication it was going to die. Truck always runs perfect. I cranked on it a bit and it kinda tried to start once. Looked over the engine and found nothing obvious. After about 10min of cranking 15seconds then a min or so rest it finally fired right up like normal and has run fine since. Any thoughts? I'm a cat mechanic so I understand how a heui oil system works just haven't worked on power strokes. I've only had this one a week.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scan it or you will be throwing parts at it. Since you are a CAT mechanic, you know this.

Dave

Idaho Outlaw

Reaction score
That was all done when I bought it. I dunno it has run fine before and ever since. Just that 10min no start episode, otherwise this truck has been flawless for the 250mi I have put on it so far.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Any history as to if the oil cooler has been replaced and the updated HPOP sump screen installed? Could have gotten some crud pass thru the IPR valve.

Idaho Outlaw

Reaction score
I was told all updates to "Bulletproof" the 6.0 had been performed. Is there a way to tell if the updated hpop sump screen was updated short of tearing it down to inspect?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the work was performed by Ford, an Oasis report would show this and any other work done by Ford.

Dave