Took the plunge!!!!!!!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded the 2000 for a 2006 today.

F-350 CC longbed DRW XLT 4x4 6.0 auto 92k miles for $28k. Got $8k for the 2000 w/ 340k miles. Didn't really want a 4x4 but the price was right and the truck runs and looks like new inside and out. Of course Mama wasn't too happy when she got home from work and found out I went "shopping" today:hail :backoff .... I thought it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission:dunno

You must be registered for see images attach

Taking it to Virginia beach with the travel trailer tomorrow and have already seen how much better it tows the trailer from my little 4 mile run testing the trailer brake controller. I like it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks sweet ;Sweet

ya get tired of shoveling money after the other one:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JRED,

I really wasn't having problems with the '00 except the water pump since I Installed injectors and put a front cover on it last winter. Truck only cost me about $3k to drive it for a year after getting $8k for the trade in so it really wasn't bad financially.

I was however getting concerned about a loud tick that was developing in the engine that sounded like a lifter getting ready to go and the fact that since the weather was turning cooler it was starting to get harder to start without cycling the GPs a couple times in 40 - 50* weather, started doing that crap when I was up at Scotts.

Knowing my kbb trade in value was about $8500 and wouldn't be any better if I dumped money in a new engine helped the decision too.

Tom,

So much for the Superduty makeoverLOL . Dealer wanted $35k for the truck and I played a hard game of this is all I'm gonna pay at the dealer and won, I gave him my best offer and stuck to it until he met my price which was KBB trade in value for both trucks......I did my homework before I showed up at the dealership today:D

The sales manager showed me the file on the '06 after I was done in the finance office and he had only $200 less in the truck than I paid for it. I don't feel bad, they might make a little off of my trade if he can find the right buyer.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nother 06/6.0 owner in the fold.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Wow, your wife must of ****. :rotflmao
Nice truck by the way. :thumbsup:
Hope you can still drive it after she's done with you. LOL

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
XLT is cloth, IIRC.

So....what's the next step past SWONK, since now you've ditched the IDI and the 7.3 PSD :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online