The Official "Show Us Your Ride" pictures of member's trucks thread.

icemannocal

Reaction score
My 1994 F350 IDI I bought about 6 months ago. Had 105,000 miles when I got it. Garage kept and pretty clean. With the exception of lift and Banks turbo upgrade its original. My first diesel and loving this ride.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jonb96150

Reaction score
Here is my new to me 93 IDIT. 164k Had to drive 10 hours to get it but I think it will be worth it. Sorry for all the reflections, the paint and body are in very good shape.
5sp, ac, cc, pdl, pw. Only flaws so far is squealing idler pulley and rear license plate lights don't work, headlights faded and have moisture in them. Have not had time to address those problems.

Attachments

• 1993 f250 v1.1 003.JPG
    1993 f250 v1.1 003.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 1993 f250 v1.1 009.JPG
    1993 f250 v1.1 009.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 1993 f250 v1.1 005.JPG
    1993 f250 v1.1 005.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 28

chickendrank

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I bought my 83 6.9 last winter and picked it up from a guy for $1000 who bought it from a family friend/ recently widowed to help the family financially. He had no use for it and that how I became a first time owner of a diesel. The miles are believed to be pretty low because all it was used for was plowing a few properties and would sit. Within the year I've owned it, I have done a 3.5" straight pipe exhaust with a 4-5" tip. 305/70 r16 tires and aluminum wheels but I have a set of 17" wheels I'm waiting to get powder coated. I had the front leaf springs re arched to level the front end. Put in a R&D 90 injection pump. New lift pump because the old one started to leak. Installed a glowshift egt guage and did an A pillar mount. Otherwise everything is still stock from 1983. The previous owner had already converted the glow plug system to 7.3 stuff and had to have all that fixed when I bought it.

Currently I'm working on my turbo setup with a custom intake, bigger turbo, etc..

Also located in Colorado so if there's any local idi enthusiasts, would like to know I'm not the only one driving one of these dinosaurs!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious how did you clean up the intake manifold? Media blast? I'm getting ready to clean one up.

Nimainimai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck

Hey everyone. New to the site and the wonderful world of diesels. Always loved 'em, but never had the chance to buy one until recently.
She is a 1992 idi n/a. Had the engine rebuilt last fall and then just sat because of no start after sitting problems. I bought her for $3k and have a buddy who's gonna give me $1k for the front bumper setup and the wheels and tires (I'm taking his stock bumper and factory Alcoas). It's currently parked at my buddies house (250 miles away) and waiting to be towed down here to Phoenix sometime this summer.
I have a Powermaster 9050 and a return kit from Russ ready to go in once I get her home. I figure with those and a couple new batteries I should be on the road and burnin some oil before too long.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    851.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 48

pignoble

Reaction score
Just picked this '86 4x4 up this weekend. I've worked on diesel tractors and a Unimog a little bit, but this is the first diesel I've owned. It's got a Banks turbo and propane injection, as well as a swapped-in 4 speed stick. Odometer's showing 80k, but I'm sure it's been around at least once if not twice. I've been reading threads and searching, there's a lot that needs to be done to this truck to get it road safe and ready for use. Should be fun fixing all its little issues.

MidwestOverlanders

Reaction score
New member here. I have a 1991 F350 Wheeled Coach Type 1. 7.3 IDI. Looking to build into an overlanding/camping rig. Would eventually like to convert to 4x4.

chumwon

Reaction score
Picked up this 1992 f350 xlt in on a trade where it sat in the back of a hay barn. After freshening all the brakes, fluids an suspension it rode nice just lacked power. Cleaned the gen 1 banks turbo kit, did custom air intake, and new injectors now she runs like it's 92 again! It's the cleanest vehicle with the least amount of rust I've ever owned! Just got this 35ft wedge trailer this weekend an she hauled it home like a dream. Love the ole IDI an I'll always be a fan now!

Attachments

• 20160716_190705.jpg
    20160716_190705.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22" Chrome Wheels bought cheap simply because chrome was peeling bad. We sand blasted them then powder coated (color is "Weathered Iron").

Reaction score
Here's my 1990 Ford F250 7,3 IDI. Originally sold to Canada, but in 1999 imported to Finland :)

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up the truck over the weekend and took a few pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online