The Diesel stop???

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I gotta agree guys, TDS is getting to be a whole bunch of wanks...

The tech article section here is going to turn out to be one very good place to find solutions to common problems. I'd have to go with ISNMU on this one...double post if NEED be, and bring the answers here, for future reference. I have all but quit posting over there, and havent had much time to do it here. I just like it here better. I mean come on, where else can you find PSD guys posting in a IDI forum, and not getting totally burned for it, unless you're in the BG, but that's a different story.

Anywho, Jim, what gives? I'd really like to know where the disdain stems from...I hope it wasn't any of us that caused it. Just like you, most of us are not by the book, and offer help and advice that may seem "too simple to work", and those that are newbs are looking for a by the book solution. Unfortuneatly, most of those newbs have turned into post ****** that now live by the book, and won't or should I say don't like the change of a set procedure to something that is , well, for lack of a better term, "...not by the book".

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Travis, Mel, George, Turb069 and everyone I missed, Thanks for the vote of confidence, It just seems like lately that if I post a somewhat different solution that I am made to look as a dumb A%# or flamed for my opinion. For an example " Jim, OK you begged long enough, so here it is. Pete" that is what I received from BY THE BOOK Pete, I didn't even open the file he sent me as for his attitude. I do respect peoples opinion and all I try to do is give someone a different prospective. I do still go to TDS but do not post there anymore. I have found a home here and plan on posting only on this site. The posters over there have as the most part changed and so did the attitude. There are 4 of us IDI owners with in a 5 mile radius and 3 of us are shade tree to the highest level, thats suppose to be funny.

As for the IDI weekend, I will probably be there as I made my reservation back last year. Now that I have my truck running better than ever with new injectors and have fixed the front almost back like it was I kinda of looking forward to being there.

OK so much for my ranting.

BTW, George I'm selling one of my pulling tractors (the stocker), the guy is coming next weekend to look at it.

Jim

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Jim,
I'd help if I can but am still a green horn in the IDI world yet and still learining. Yes I must confess I was one of those who needed to see it by the book, but the more I have been watching you all making posts on questions asked and asking some myself. I have grown to listen to you guys more as you have all been thru the troubles and have learned the tricks. Heck, even Mel has got me talked into doing your flywheel mod. :D
Just waitin for a little warmer weather as the last time I was under the ole gal, she got me sick for a week working on concrete. Not fun but still enjoyed it as much as I ******* at her.:eek:
So this one is for you and all the others here who have helped me so far.:cheers:

Thanks

Ron:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Jim, your my kind of guy(not by the book) Sure book lernin is good, but sometimes you have to make do with what you have at hand. So far as not replying to your post. Lets just say "I don't know nothin about 4wds or hand shakers". I really hope you come to the IDI Weekend I love hearing your stories around the fire.(Isn't that why we meet face to face?).I kind of hope my dad shows up some time. You two would get along great. Russ

Warwagon

Reaction score
Holy Katz fellas!:eek: :eek:
I've barely had a chance to post anywhere for the last couple of months. I'm sorry that things have deteriorated over at TDS that us guys feel that we are no longer wanted there. :( Kinda like having to leave an old flame, in my book (though I haven't been through the wringer like some of you guys seem to have been). I LIKE this core group!;) Without you fellas, TDS will be diminished. The summative wrench time and innovations that this group represents, will be lost to the new folks there.

Jim, I KNOW what you mean by "not by the book ... Jim"
If we go by the book, hours could seem like days. There are other solutions, equilly valid, in many cases. This bunch THRIVES on these types of fixes. If I'd have done my van "by the book", I'd have spent around $40K for a new PSD E-350, ferried it off to Quigley and again lightened my wallet by another $9k, to get the rig I really didn't want.:puke: Instead I rolled my own, and we're lovin' the truck. It suits our needs to a "T", it's OURS and we don't have $9k into it!:D

In my newbie days, I could have never built her without the enlightenment from folks like I've met at the IDI and other events. I know you folks may not throw $'s around, but you DO know :***: is going on with these engines and rigs. Alot of mods have been created by this group on the cheap. They are well thought out, and fully functional. I KNOW that I and others appreciate that type of insight:thumbsup:
Mark

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warwagon

In my newbie days, I could have never built her without the enlightenment from folks like I've met at the IDI and other events. I know you folks may not throw $'s around, but you DO know :***: is going on with these engines and rigs. Alot of mods have been created by this group on the cheap. They are well thought out, and fully functional. I KNOW that I and others appreciate that type of insight:thumbsup:
Mark [/]

From a newbie
:cheers: :D

Ron:D

WPineF

Rider of the Dragon
Reaction score
Hey Jim just be like a Duck and let it roll off :Whatever: and keep your asbestos shorts on. -Flame Thr -Flame Thr :moon:

:sorry:
Dave

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i like it here at OB better than TDS, seems like we can be ourselves and act natural here. however i have been neglecting the IDI forums because mine is running good and i have been workign on learning about and rigging up my new camping setup.

Jim even though i rarely have responded to your posts, mostly because i had nothing helpful to add, i enjoyed meeting you at last years rally and though you were pretty cool. i even voted for your truck. if you ask me all my favorite IDI guys have already made the switch to OB. and like i said we can say what we want to here without being censored.

ROB

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WPineF
Hey Jim just be like a Duck and let it roll off :Whatever: and keep your asbestos shorts on. -Flame Thr -Flame Thr :moon:

:sorry:
Dave

Screw the asbestos suit.....just watch how fast they come running with the bucket-o-tar and bag-o-feathers when you say the word "starting fluid or ether".........I don't know how many times i have gotten feathered over that word.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is something smart assed I'm supposed to say to that, but I can't think of anything right now. LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
I'm sure there is something smart assed I'm supposed to say to that, but I can't think of anything right now. LOL

Hows about............ gee towcat, you look nice as a chicken.:eek:

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
The sheer number of new posts over on the TDS make it very challenging to follow a thread, as well see when someone has made a pertinent comment. Quite a bit of drivel there now.
I ventured here looking to discuss things in an intelligent manner assuming that might be fairly normal, but fell pray to an unexpected swhoncking regarding clutch and snycro comments I made on my last post. It seems my greatest sin is "thinking too much". I must admit, I didn't see that coming. I'll take that as a compliment though.
:thanks:
Regardless, hoping things here remain reasonably fudge free!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by L.Wilkinson
The sheer number of new posts over on the TDS make it very challenging to follow a thread, as well see when someone has made a pertinent comment. Quite a bit of drivel there now.
I ventured here looking to discuss things in an intelligent manner assuming that might be fairly normal, but fell pray to an unexpected swhoncking regarding clutch and snycro comments I made on my last post. It seems my greatest sin is "thinking too much". I must admit, I didn't see that coming. I'll take that as a compliment though.
:thanks:
Regardless, hoping things here remain reasonably fudge free!

...........I don't think you got beat up too bad on that post. Nothing like what they give each other at the battlegrounds....
but seriously tho, I thought most of the comments on your double clutching thread was pretty good, even if it went into the weeds a little with the heim joint. Just keep in mind, you may have one view and someone else might blow it out of the water, but as long as they have the facts to back it up, you will be the wiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online