The Diesel stop???

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Leser got a bug up his ass. It seamsthe site to be going all tech with no fun.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'll agree... pretty much has a vision and he's sticking to it no matter what... He is only interested in the new blood none of the old...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Travis said.

Other than the odd search for techincal info that hasn't been transferred over here yet, I'm officially boycotting TDS now. Wanting to move to all tech is one thing, but at least to me, he's made it blatantly clear that he doesn't care whether the "old hands" stick around there or not. I guess it doesn't matter that I spent much of the last 5 years of my life on that site, much of it trying to help people out (at least where I can, since I'm still learning more than I'm teaching :) ). I know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

BTW, either he's mistaken or lying when he claims that there wasn't an "Other" forum for the first 5 years of the site's existence, unless the site's been around since 1995 (IIRC, it's been around since '97). I joined TDS in 2000 and distinctly remember the "Other" forum's presence. I began posting in the "Other" forum in June or July '00.

Other than Pete, are there any senior IDI guys still regularly over there? I hope they decide to come over here soon...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I agree!
I started out over there because you guys were putting up some very good information and have helped me on numerous ocassions...Even Pete... the endless supply of infoman:D .
It is good to have been notified of what was going on earlier. That is when I made the switch to here.
LUV IT:thanks:
The information that the mods have setup in the Tech forum has been very helpful so far with your knowledge.
Thanks to Mel on the fuel system article. Got this dog catcher thru the IP replacement in 2 hours.:D
I hope that the more I can learn from yous guys here, someday I will be able to help others more with the knowledge retained....
OK nuff of the sucking up.:number2

With the ease of information to find and the blessing of the mods this site is and has been my home for some time now and don't have to go digging thru "set aside" posts to find what I'm looking for. This site has alot of potential with all who are here and has some pretty bi#chin smileys.

OK I'm off the soap box now.

Ron:D

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i have to agree with you guys,i didnt post much over at TDS,but the new set up sucks.
i just happened to stumbel on this site the other day,much better with way more diesel stuff. :love: :D
what do you guys think about FTE?i dont think that site is to bad,just my opinion,but everybody knows what opinions are like right?LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Big problem with FTE is you can't link to a business that sells anything even stuff that their online sales don't/won't carry/stock. Got into a big debate abuot that with the site admins about 2+ years ago. They edited my post where I point someone where to get some Fred's Hair Tonic, reason for editing it was I pointed sales to somewhere other than their company store... Which they had never even heard of Stanadyne after many emails back and forth between me and the admin... But still they would not back down so I did... I shut the door as I left though...

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I've been there since Sept of 97 & he's full of **** IMHO.

While we never had a official "other" forum lots of chit chat went on and back then Jason was in on it.

He's really changed his tune from 97 guess the site is making him mad cash & that's all he cares about.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I joined back in 2001 and it changed a lot...pretty sure that getting rid of the "other" forum was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have pretty much had it also, I didn't post much or even go to the "other" fourm so that is not the issue for me. What gets me is just about everytime I make a post someone takes issue and I am made to look like I know nothing about trucks or diesels. Also when I made my last post looking for some imfo I got nothing, not one reply, don't know if they are ignoring me or what. I am serouisly concidering not even attening the next IDI rally.
I really don't care if Pete comes over to this site or not, it's a little sad to me when all someone has to say is just "from the book" when there are short cuts and fixes that are not found in "the book". So even here I will keep my comments to my self and just read the posts.
Well thats about all I have to say on this matter........................... Jim

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Damn it Jim... Seems yer getting contankerous (sp?) in yer old age... :shoot: :fight: ;p :D

Jim you know yer always welcome around my fire.

Don't call off the IDI weekend. I actually enjoy chewing the fat with ya.

I know one thing for sure Jim... you're a scrounger for parts and doing things "Not by the Book" which in my book puts you in a higher class than the "by the book guys". I have learned so much by just doing it then reading the book later to see how I did that I respect anyone that does it that way as well, and you do that - which you don't understand, you know a lot about these trucks and it shows...

I don't care what anyone says about ya Jim - you're all right in my book.

Now I seen your post about on TDS and did find it sort of strange that no one replied... I would have if I knew the answer but when it comes to the bolt action trannies and transfer cases I'm a user and nothing more... I'm the guy that puts the 4x4 lever in 4x4 and if it don't work I'm trying to describe the noise to a mechanic while he looks at me funny... ;p

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Jim, First, WELCOME to OB:cheers:

:eek: I can't understand why with what you contribute, you cannot get an answer over there as of late:confused:

Perhaps it was something you posted/said and misconstrued by the "in" crowd there:rolleyes:

Jim you know yer always welcome around my fire.

YUP! You missed a couple good gab sessions around my pit at the Labor Day gig..sorry you had to miss it.
Guys like yourself who are"not by the book" should ALLWAYS be welcome and appreciated!

Start anew here at OB and enjoy!
I and many others have......................

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim! Sorry I missed your post, you know I'd answer it. I've missed a lot of posts since I got the flu, but I'm recovering. I'm curious about your stance on the IDI Weekend. What's that got to do with TDS? As for the changes over there, I don't really care. Never went to the Other forum much. I'll still post there, even if it's harder to communicate through the bullcrap.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I'm still posting tech questions there...but what ****** me off most is Jason archiving the '94-'97 forum. There was such a wealth of information in that forum but since the archiving you can't reply to to any archived posts...IMO -Lame. I shunned the OTHER forum so long ago since my arrival here that his new rules over there have no bearing on me what so ever...'CAUSE OB ROCKS! ;Sweet

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that we do not have the weath of information, But I will ask you guys to double post issues, here and at TDS, if you must post there... Even bring the fix back here if not found here... We will soon get the wealth of knowledge that TDS has, and there will be less of a need to post there.

It would sure help. We are adding tech articles to the ford forums right and left, and are open to any tech stuff you guys are willing to offer.

Thanks
ISNMU

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88