The 7th Annual Fall Rally is oficall ON!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
oh yeah....Went for a ride in Droopy on Saturday.........Two things....that 4cyl has some BALLS and i have NEVER seen a boost gauge move that fast!!!!!

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first time I've had to let everyone no I made it home safe and sound. I was a great time for me. i would like to thanks all of you at the rally for make this old cowboy feel welcome. I enjoyed every minuet of it. I was great to put faces with the names. Major thanks to (Mr. lets make deal ) Darin for hosting this event and for giving me a helping hand with the repairs on my truck. A big shout out to (Frick and Frack) Seth and Andy, your banter keep me laughing and yes Seth can count but who is going to teach the other guy. :rotflmao. I'll be doing this Rally every year. I think It's a great that people come together like this and commune with each other. I'll be bringing my cast iron kitchen next year to do a western style cook out. I really enjoy cooking over camp fire. You want be dis appointed my friends.
I'm on my way to Vegas Thursday. The Rider is all loaded with my buddies stuff. I'll be taking the I-70 route, I'm going to stop in my home town Columbus the first night and see my kin. then I'll just be winging it from there on. Going to spend one day in Vegas thin fly back.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say I enjoyed my short stay at the rally as well! Made it home last night after a great round trip to visit some family in IA. It was definitely worth the little bit of extra driving to attend! I'd love to keep going regularly, but we'll have to see how things go.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Wow I cant believe it has been a Week since the Rally, Where did this week go!?

Thank you all again for making the effort to come to this event. It is an Honor for Lori and I every year to host host and we are pleasantly surprised at the turnout every year. We had had 10 familys camping there for the weekend and 2 or 3 Day Visitors. Thanks to X-NRCan_IDI fot stopping by from Canada, and spending Saturday Afternoon, Evening with us Makes this the first official International Event. ;Sweet

I wish I did a better job on taking pics but here are the ones that I have,.

First day Truck Lineup:

You must be registered for see images attach

Saturday turned into a Work Day at my shop to work on some of the trucks.
First we had to take care of rlb245 E150 Conversion. This is the exhaust repair from him being run off the road on the way in from Buffalo New Yori:

Then Rons drove his truck in with no trailer brakes, and if you have seen his camper, this is no smalll issue. Turns out he needed a new Turn Signal Switch in the steering coulumn.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Then it was Seths Turn, He has been wanting to pull some leafs out of the rear of his Dually. Someone put in a bunch of springs and it rode very stiff,.. A big job, but they got it done!

Bask at the Campground on Saturday was a chance to get the Canadian Truck Timed. This truck was very cool! All original low mile work truck with no rust. Cant wait to see it once he gets it done!

Saturday night hanging out at the Campfire:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Anyone is welcome at this event weather you drive an IDI or not,..or even a Diesel or not,..but we had 3 other Diesels at the Rally.

First was Smokinpipes came up with his Mercedes Turbo Diesel! Nice Car! i have sold a few of these at the lot, Great Cruiser!

Loris 2001 VW Jetta TDI Diesel:,..The Black Golf 2dr TDI is my new driver,..no it is not for sale Seth,..

Ant the third was my Brother Dave's Jeep Liberty CRD Diesel!,...sorry no pic of that one,...

Here a few Sunday Morning pics:

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Had a great time with family, friends and meeting a few new fellow oil burners as well. It's great to see how this weekend is really growing. Thanks for hosting again Darrin. :D
And yes it was great to have the trailer stopping Goldie instead of the other way around. :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What a great gathering you all had I am envious. Its heartwarming to see like people helpping others in tuff spots. Am I mistken about that timing meter. Is it a Kent Moore J33300-A. Sure looks like one. They are so easy to use.. Even a caveman can use one... Actually those meters will time a diesel like ours three differant methods. Thanks Darrin for shareing pics...;Sweet:thumbsup::hail

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks Gary, I wish I would have taken more pics this year like in the past but just felt like doing a lot of hanging and chillin out instead. I would have like to get a shot of everyone with their horse they rode in on, but it just didn't happen.

Heads Up for NEXT YEARS Fall Rally, We will be doing the Same Harvest Festival Weekend since that works out well with all of the little kiddies with all of the activities that the campground has planned.

That will be the weekend of September 19, 20 and 21st. Cahtrene from the campground wants us back again so I have reserved the 10 camping spots all together and the cabins and rental trailers as well.

I will start a new post next year after the IDI Rally over the 4th of July like I usually do as well.

Put this on your calenders guys and Thanks Again to all of those who attended,,..and Wanted to attend, Hope all of the guys that had to bail because of unforeseen problems can make it next year and make it a record turnout.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
darrin-
thanks for sharing.
also a big +1 thanks to the MI gang for making sure the road weary long distance travelers are welcomed and looked after!;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron