Straight pipe in, Tymar on the way

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What blows my mind is the sound of massive amount of air being sucked through the filter.

This truck almost sounds like a nasty, hopped up Big Block 460 gasser with a good set of turbo mufflers on it now, Got that deep deep growl when you romp on it accompanied by the turbo:D......What a beautiful duet to an old hot rodder, this thing is making me feel like a kid again.....

Now to wait for my neighbor to get froggy with his '05 mustang GT one of these days.:peelout :peelout

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
What blows my mind is the sound of massive amount of air being sucked through the filter.

Think about how much air the turbo is moving at say 2500 rpm with 30 psi of boost. cookoo

SKimballC

Reaction score
some of these cave dwellers don't know what fun they're missing.

Mike, screw you. Some of us are still poor.:dunno Not like I have ever craved an OBS crew cab short bed Powerstro...OH! :love: Ah crap, there I go blowing my cool.LOL Your truck looks like way too much fun for a big ol' 2wd CC dually. Glad you're having a good time up there on the ground floor with your fancy pants truck. Jerk.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, screw you. Some of us are still poor.:dunno Not like I have ever craved an OBS crew cab short bed Powerstro...OH! :love: Ah crap, there I go blowing my cool.LOL Your truck looks like way too much fun for a big ol' 2wd CC dually. Glad you're having a good time up there on the ground floor with your fancy pants truck. Jerk.

:rotflmao :rotflmao
Shane,

Lurking upstairs are ya, it's a start.....I was wondering who would be the first to come up here and thump :backoff me for my schmartazz remark and as for being poor....Didn't you just put a TURBO on your IDI;Really .........All it takes is just one more step, Lurker....

Come to the darkside Bwwwwwwahahahahahhaha

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
....Let's see Stickers fit this filter under the hood of that little ricerocket

No need to, my ricerocket came built correctly from the factory :rotflmao :moon: ;Poke

Actually there is a cold air intake kit and cat back exhaust avail from Mazda for the MS-3 and I may get one don't know yet.

Mike in all honesty you should probably do the guages first if at all possible this way you'll know when to back out of the go pedal.

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to, my ricerocket came built correctly from the factory :rotflmao :moon: ;Poke

Actually there is a cold air intake kit and cat back exhaust avail from Mazda for the MS-3 and I may get one don't know yet.

Mike in all honesty you should probably do the guages first if at all possible this way you'll know when to back out of the go pedal.

John, you taken out any yuppies with their VW GTI's yet:D .

I'm really doing the mods for fuel economy more than anything else because I really don't work my truck like most here and don't need the power If I can get 20+ cruising the interstate at 63 I'll be happy. 99% of her use is as a big car getting groceries and running the kid to school. As for my playing all I do is an occasional 0-60 romp just to check the seatofthepantsometer otherwise mostly running at 55 - 65 mph withthe cruise on in an empty truck. My trailer is only a 6' x 16' single axle flatbed capable of about 5000 lb load with the mobile home axle under it.

Gauges are a must have and I'll be getting them, tranny cooler for the 4R100 I'll probably pass on unless I eventually get a TT or see a problem when I get gauges in it.

I want a multi position chip with
  • Stock for troubleshooting
  • High idle for when I want to warm it up in the winter or leave it running in the summer when parked
  • Tow setting for the occasional heavy tow
  • Econo setting for 99% of my driving
The high 100 + HP race settings I'd probably rarely if ever use because I don't like breaking expensive stuff especially on a truck that has 328,000 miles that I'm trying to make last another 10 years without replacing the engine.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
John, you taken out any yuppies with their VW GTI's yet:D .

I'm really doing the mods for fuel economy more than anything else because I really don't work my truck like most here and don't need the power If I can get 20+ cruising the interstate at 63 I'll be happy. 99% of her use is as a big car getting groceries and running the kid to school. As for my playing all I do is an occasional 0-60 romp just to check the seatofthepantsometer otherwise mostly running at 55 - 65 mph withthe cruise on in an empty truck. My trailer is only a 6' x 16' single axle flatbed capable of about 5000 lb load with the mobile home axle under it.

Gauges are a must have and I'll be getting them, tranny cooler for the 4R100 I'll probably pass on unless I eventually get a TT or see a problem when I get gauges in it.

I want a multi position chip with
  • Stock for troubleshooting
  • High idle for when I want to warm it up in the winter or leave it running in the summer when parked
  • Tow setting for the occasional heavy tow
  • Econo setting for 99% of my driving
The high 100 + HP race settings I'd probably rarely if ever use because I don't like breaking expensive stuff especially on a truck that has 328,000 miles that I'm trying to make last another 10 years without replacing the engine.

Nah the V dubs know better :rotflmao

I went back and edited my earlier post, for some reason (lack of coffee) I thought you had an OBS truck......the cooler on the 4r100 should be good to go but you never know.....

When you get that chip let us know how often it comes out of the "hang on" setting :D

Do people look at ya funny when you shut it down and they can hear the turbo winding down thru the exhaust LOL

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharvey
You must be registered for see images attach

Do people look at ya funny when you shut it down and they can hear the turbo winding down thru the exhaust LOL

I love that sound.....:love:

Havn't had the opportunity to get those reactions but I like it, tells me my turbo is good with no funny unwanted noises.;Sweet

Started looking into the Sniper Tuning software and like what I see, gonna email the company to see if I can get more info.

I'm about done with the mechanicals on this truck and the majority of what I do will be cosmetic.....Stay tuned for a paint & body article late spring to early summer. Still working on sketches for the airbrush graphics and may have to get to Hotlanta for a photoshoot and the worlds best hambuger when I'm done.

Picture all black like glass, shaved handles, tint the front doors the same as the rear, murals of dragons, dragon slayers & real flame nose to & tail top to bottom in HOK Kandies and Shimrin pearls, paint the toolback black to blend in, roll up tonneau....That's enough of a tease for now:D Should take me about 2 to 3 weeks tops

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picture all black like glass, shaved handles, tint the front doors the same as the rear, murals of dragons, dragon slayers & real flame nose to & tail top to bottom in HOK Kandies and Shimrin pearls, paint the toolback black to blend in, roll up tonneau....That's enough of a tease for now:D Should take me about 2 to 3 weeks tops

You gunna be pimpdaddy!:rotflmao :rotflmao I dont see the 22's and spinners in the list...;Really

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gunna be pimpdaddy!:rotflmao :rotflmao I dont see the 22's and spinners in the list...;Really

22's oh hell no that's so yesterday, gonna have to be 32's:puke:

Actually I hate that look, gonna keep 16's prolly go wit Ultra Afterburners so I can still afford tires.

Front Rear

For some reason I hear the words to Lowrider by WAR....

Lowrider, Who Me:D Why would you think THAT ;Really

Here's the effect I'm after

and some of the ideas

The trucks pretty straight but for this black it has to be flawless so the body work will take about a week of blocking and finding every ding, it will take a few days to mask it for the murals and 7 - 14 days of spraying paint, unmasking and masking for the detail before it can get the final clear, then color sanding and buffing.

Last truck I did took about 4 days to do the murals but it was all done ghost like in whites and greys, unfortunatly I can't find the pics of it right now to scan and post.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Had them weld in a piece of 1/2" ID galv pipe into the new section while they were at it so I could route the RDT into it too. No more "your trucks on fire" looks and Mama's happy she don't have to smell the Rotella T Synthetic vapors while sitting with the AC on now.

You did put some kind of check valve in that line for your RDT didn't you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel