Stock Air Filters

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
You guys/galls know of a good source for stock air filters for the 6.0? The indicator plug is 3/4 right now and wondering if there is an alternative other then the stock Ford which is way, way over priced.

Thanks

Gordon

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not gonna spend the money on the ford filter.. Im going to try the proguard... Might be something to think about? If you plan on keeping your truck for some time...

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by Puddle Pirate
Hold on to a couple. I will be in contact. I would prefer the Ford one

Donaldson makes them for Ford so your getting a true Powercore filter not the "paper" looking one on Wix's site.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong Wix is a respected name in the industry and I have sold ALOT of their product I just wouldn't use it mine.;)

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of discussion over the power increases a K&N style filter offers, but I think it makes a BIG difference.
I use a PG-7, and the difference in egts and acceleration IS noticable.

rgdillon

Junior Newbie
Reaction score
Originally posted by powerstrokeshop
:eek:

I guess I will just have to bypass Ford and get them from Donaldson and sell them for $37.16 then huh?:D

I'll take 2 then :D

Ron

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by rgdillon
I'll take 2 then :D

Ron

Gimme a call I have them in stock they are not listed in the current catalog we are in the process of switching over to a much better setup that should make in most cases alot more useer freindly and I am not going to add any more to the old but I am not going to reset the DNS routing until the new is done either.

800-234-3455 ask for Lurch:D

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by powerstrokeshop
Gimme a call I have them in stock they are not listed in the current catalog we are in the process of switching over to a much better setup that should make in most cases alot more useer freindly and I am not going to add any more to the old but I am not going to reset the DNS routing until the new is done either.

800-234-3455 ask for Lurch:D

Ok I broke down and added them to the old catalog

Click here for the 6.0 and AIS elements

Car_nut57

Reaction score
Air filters

Puddle Pirate said:
You guys/galls know of a good source for stock air filters for the 6.0? The indicator plug is 3/4 right now and wondering if there is an alternative other then the stock Ford which is way, way over priced.

Thanks

Gordon
Gordon, we stock these air filters. They are a little expensive, but the best filter for the 6.0L for stopping dirt and keeping your warranty in force.

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Car_nut57 said:
Gordon, we stock these air filters. They are a little expensive, but the best filter for the 6.0L for stopping dirt and keeping your warranty in force.

I assume your refering to the AFE,K&N's etc as far the warranty comment? Because neither Wix or Donalson will affect the warranty since Wix Donaldson and Motorcraft are all the same filter. Only difference is that the actual media in the filter on the Motorcraft is Blue vs White same media just a different color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01