Stanadyne and stocking stuffer ideas...

jvencius

Reaction score
Does anyone with a TDI use Stanadyne? I like what it does to my PSD and since my Dad drives a '04 Beetle TDI I thought some Stanadyne might be a good stocking stuffer for Christmas.

On that note, can any TDI drivers recommend some stocking stuffer ideas (around $20 or so)? I'm done shopping for everyone but my Dad and I'd like to have his stuff ordered by the end of the week so that it gets home before Christmas.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
lschultz said:
I have been using it for many years in everything I have that has a diesel engine. Can not really tell any difference but what it does inside is what counts to me.

If ya can't tell any difference how do you know it is doing anything except making you're wallet lighter??????

aikejon

C. Claven Scholar
Reaction score
Modern refining (that removes sulphur) coincidentally removes some of the lubricity of your fuel ... therefore causing probs for your injection pump(s). Stanadyne corrects that problem...and it also has winter-related properties for those who live north of the Mason-Dixon.

I prefer PowerService myself (summer and winter versions), and RedLine has recently put out a product. Stanadyne and PowerService are both proven products, and after 250K in 2.5 years, not a problem in my ride. In terms of cetane addition, well I notice it but I don't care. When I manage to get hold of B20, I don't bother with the additives at all (except in winter).

erikb

Reaction score
I use stanadyne on every fill up after I bought it. It never seemed to get anymore power, but it did seem to make it run a little quieter and smoother. The local VW dealer sells it for $3.33 a bottle which is a pretty good price. I haven't tried PowerService yet, but Wal-Mart carries it for pretty cheap. I'll continue to use one just for peace of mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance