somebody's got some 'splainin to do...

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
GUys I saw yall referencing an "FTVB" in the 'idi guys' post, and talking about it vs a transgo kit. I assume it is some sort of shift kit or chip, but don't know...

anyone care to detail this out?

TIA

Whit

Reaction score
Well since I is a Cummins boy and this is a Ford part my guess is Ford Tastes Very Bad...........................;) JUst kiddin, better get someone who knows LOL ..........dont want to start a brand war :eek:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a replacement for the valve body in the E4OD. I believe the guy manufacturing them is an ex-Ford Tech. The product is called the Factory Tech Valve Body. It firms up shifts on the E4OD. Not as complicated as a Sonnex kit. Relatively inexpensive as well.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Yeah what 95 said...

Greg Evans is the guy who makes them, the FTVB, and started out pushing them towards the Ford Lighting drivers... well you know us diesel guys... we hear about a performance part and jump all over it... The FTVB is a direct replacement of the stock valve body.. pull the old one off put the new one on... I still haven't tried the one I have... Just not enough time..

The other kits do what the FTVB does but there are supposed to be some secret kinda things in the FTVB that make it better.

The Transgo is a full shift kit... springs, the sonnax valve, valve body plate, even some stuff to do to the pump to make it better... if you want to pull the tranny. I myself, on my truck, opted to just do the valve body and plate. The plate has holes that you drill with different sized bits making it so you can custom tune how it shifts. larger holes = firmer shifts... to large of holes and it almost is obnoxious.

The sonnax, tri spring is the same as a Transgo but without the plate and pump stuff.

And as they were listed they also fall in price... the FTVB is around $200, the Transgo $100 and the Sonnax about $50

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In addition Factory Tech also offers a complete build up of the E4OD called the Monster Box, which reportedly will handle all the torque and HP you can toss at it and they also offer the Monster in a Box kit which is a DIY tranny rebuild kit.

Read about them HERE .

I have no first had knowledge with either of the products so I cant comment on their claims to fame.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
This is something I may be interested in...

I guess these things will work on the older trannies, too?

I got a funky problem, will I think it may be a problem, but think its related to the FIPL (TPS). When going into third and OD, the TC unlocks just before the shift, and I can feel it, but the tranny ain't sliiping. I can replicate the proble to the tee with the brake pedal.. Only does it warm, not cold. Also, other than TC lockup, is the shift pattern supposed to change that much after the TOT senses operating temp? I'm gonna reset the FIPL first to see if that cures it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online