Softer suspension and load capacity?

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could look into sculastic rubber spring shackles for the rear. I've heard good things about them.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Tagging hasn't come back. But if towcat drops by this thread, I'd like to hear some updates on the sulastic shackles.
On some other forums I'm seeing a few years down the road, the rubber is cracking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9th gen,hd truck + dirt road called 'last chance' = 'good luck with that' :D

I love your optimism/realism. "Good luck" is precisely what I will need, and the patience to drive 5mph, geez! Gotta' respect those folks who live off-grid in the middle of nowhere who not only make it work but make it work in comfort with wood fired hot tubs, solar power, healthy unfiltered creek water, growing a substantial portion of their food, no traffic, and a nasty locked gate with steel spikes to ensure no vehicle would survive ramming it. Sometimes to keep something the way you like it you have to keep people out--plain and simple.

Those sulastic shackles look nice--if they really work as advertised.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have air bags In the rear and air shocks in the front of of 96 f350 dually psd. I setup a compressor and auto regulator to control all 4 and it has smoothed out the stiff suspension noticable when driving on rough roads.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
install and review. if you don't want to sit through the install, the review is at the 15min mark.
http://www.sulastic.com/
website .
I've installed about a dozen sets. yes, they do make a difference. Between the shackles and Billstien shocks, the ride is tamed. not a single customer said it wasn't money well spent and this is from male and female occupants of the truck. my cost on parts alone is roughly $700. it brought peace to many marriages, especially with the wives with boobles bigger than a B-cup.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size tires?

Stock size--235/85/16--I'm sure a larger tire would help.

Thanks for the reply towcat--I'm not sure I want to cut down on the "jiggle" factor:rolleyes:, but the sulastic springs do seem like a realistic option. I know the company specs a 10 year lifespan but have you witnessed/heard of premature failures?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
On another forum I've seen failures right out of the actual warranty time. No help from sulastic.
But that thread is on a GM forum, so I don't want to openly link it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk