So what did you do with your truck today?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice chunk of weight, and you beat me to it on adding more straps :)

Yup...it is...and there is another one if I need MORE!...that single strap was to get me home about 2 minute drive on slow rural road...just a precaution...I didnt need it I just wanted it...

Today I test the truck with the weight going to town to pu a new dog crate! My Malinios has outgrown her bedtime crate! damn near 60 lbs now...almost 11 mo old! Awesome dog!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Got out to do some damage surveying now that sandy is past us. The GF, 4 kids and myself went to the new house that she bought to start some demo work. Goodbye old wood paneling. The security of a good ol' big truck just felt "right" after a storm like that leaves the roads compromised.

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Found out that little cap that holds the oil in the vacuum pump *really* does do something. On that way to work I heard a hellatious screetching sound ... pulled over, and saw it was the vac pump.
In the end, TODAY: I got to replace the vac pump. Lol
Those lil effers went up in price too! Was about $100 a couple years ago. Now they're almost $200! :sadface:

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The ol' Bronco has just sat out front of the house for the last two days while I rode the motorcycle to work. Tomorrow it's back to being the commuter until I finally get the rear main seal replaced in the 302 for my f150. That was supposed to be happening this week after work, BUT. I always seem to get involved in working on my neighbors' vehicles too. Last night was rear pinion seal in a 93 Dakota. Tomorrow it's replacing the aluminum piece between the trans & transfer case in an 05 chevy "HD". Ha! HD? What a joke! Some day for min. I guess I'll just enjoy driving the Bronco although the $.80 more per gallon for diesel is starting to make me want to drive the gasser again soon!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is more the day before yesterday, I hauled 15 bags of concrete for a buddy. Today I put my truck on the charger, the batteries are starting to get weak.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rolled my rig onto the scales last night...had to find out where I was for weight....

This is 1/2 side tank fuel load, NO rear tank or skid plate, front winch and such added here

Front 1820 Kilo

Rear 1810 Kilo

It would appear that the sled deck with dog box, spare tyre, and concrete block, and a heavy drop rear bumper increased by 660 Kilo or 1452 Lbs....

This is the heaviest the darn truck has weighed since I got it...LOL

It went up a hill yesterday I was completely unable to drive up previously, the weight makes it roll well. I can now keep the back end planted for traction.

Now previously my last roll over the scales with 1/2 side full rear tank, sled deck only no bumper...no front winch, stock bumper only

Front 1700 Kilo

Rear 1150 Kilo

Prior to that I scaled cab/chassis only, undetermined fuel load

1680 Front

830 Rear

And my first roll on scales, undetermined fuel load, with large service box on rear

Front 1690 Kilo

Rear 1760 Kilo

As you can see there has been quite a few changes and it's going to continue to change/ metamorph as I work on it :D

The sled deck will be getting narrowed to the cab width, and planked with rough cut 2x6 lumber. I'm still looking for that super cab...

Anyway...

1400 lbs is a fair chunk of weight for winter traction....NOW to sipe those new Toyo M55's but good! I'm playing with air pressures to get the wear nice and even on tread....it's been way to wet here for me to chalk my tyres. I have to wait a bit till things dry up and I can chalk the tyres tread surfaces all across and where the chalk wears off is what touches of course. Thus if the outside edges are not wearing decrease pressure till the chalk comes off evenly...

At that point that the chalk comes off evenly, that's your normal...drive around at that weight tyre pressure! SET it...remember it...and that's where you get best even wear and traction...NOT mileage...LOL

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a new starter solenoid relay but it didn't solve my starting problem. Topped off the coolant with some fleetcharge.

Considering a new starter or ignition switch.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I hauled 4 kids to school, traveled between schools to see the Halloween parades and did a couple of small tree jobs in between, also stopped for two estimates. Busy day.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
didnt have work so went to my girlfriends house and spent the day with her and then loaded up a pickup bed for my buddys chevy hes fixing back up

CGBear

Reaction score
Removed power steering pump and steering box off of donor truck. Now it's break time to enjoy a little football on big screen. Then we'll hit it hard and hope to get 'er done by dinner time.

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally replaced the driver vent window, and scrubbed down the door panel. Reused the factory weatherstripping as is sealed better then the new stuff I bought to replace it. I will have to start a search new old stock weatherstripping.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all the brakes, bled them and packed the bearings. I suspect the shop turned my drums beyond specification. Found the self adjuster plates had been put in the opposite drum from where they belong. Now maybe they'll work.