So what did you do with your truck today?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hauled 3 cord of firewood at one shot on Saturday with it and was able to get it buried while getting out of the field.
Gotta love the sound of a turbo spooled to the max flinging mud! :D

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Made several 100+ mile trips to haul this year 'hay-burner' food supply. 'Slim' didn't get any rest this past week. Over 1,000 miles in less than 7 days.. woo hoo!

Sunday she headed out with a 28' goose-neck flat bed for Sturgis, MI, and then was loaded up with 10-12 650lbs round bales. She was heavy; and since I've gotten my truck timed, and the injector chambers cleaned out, and a decent fuel pump, I've been eager to put her through her paces. She was astonishing. Never have I had her accelerating up a slight hill with any sort of load; and she did, I pushed her up an additional 5MPH and let off, just to see if she would.
But I figured 60MPH was fast enough for the load, and had a fun head wind too; and yet she never really broke a sweat, temps were really low for the most part.
I have to say, I SO love my truck!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the 89 joker out for a spin filled up both tanks. Hit the grade to clear her out 4th gear 75mph 13psi 1,000 egt 200 water temp for 4 miles 6% grade. U turn back home parked her. Took the 93 out an filled up both tanks. Stopped got auto rx for both trucks new fuel filters,2 Fl-1995 oil cans, 10 gallons motor oil. Stopped an picked up 30 gallons wvo headed home. Washed both trucks swapped fluids out, washed them both battery tender on the 93 an 89. Also did the air filters. Also gonna start to pull the bed on the 89 an check out the tanks as to how there doing clean them out soon an fix the sending units, an filler neck mod. Possibly gonna take the tractor out an use it to pull the engine an do the heads an stuff this winter haven't decided if I can live without her this winter or not. The 93 trans seems to be doing well on borrowed time but winter activities involve climbing the grade an not sure that slush box can handle it.

Last edited:

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tied the hood down came home from store to find the hood up do to wind from storm. Hope to fire it up soon as the storm passes

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me see....today I got my 1 New Toyo M55 tyre on the rear on steel wheel and the other M55 used on a alloy wheel installed on the other side...while on my way to town to pu the new tyre....damn truck kept locking up rear tyre at stop signs cause it's got no weight on the rear.

Driving by an orchard I found a large concrete block....about 6-7" thick about 3 feet wide and 4 feet long...must weigh in about 800-1000 lbs...got a pallet, and a farm owner said take it...so his neighbor placed the block on the pallet and then that on the truck...I know have weight...and I'm just about to have contact with overloads...

Ride was much nicer too...

Pics soon...gotta figure out new phone first...ugh...

Oh and reconnected the winch wires to battery too!

Notice the new tyres!

Ya...that's a hunko Concrete for winter weight...whatcha thinkcookoo

You must be registered for see images attach

Notice in this one...NO orchard any longer......:eek::confused:

So that's my winter weight....

I have since attached 3 straps and when I redeck, I'll be flipping it over and getting some lumber banding done to hold the block to the pallet and screw some blocks to the pallet too...then maybe bolt blocks around the pallet and strap it down even better!

Al

Last edited:

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
So that's my winter weight....

I have since attached 3 straps and when I redeck, I'll be flipping it over and getting some lumber banding done to hold the block to the pallet and screw some blocks to the pallet too...then maybe bolt blocks around the pallet and strap it down even better!

Al

Nice chunk of weight, and you beat me to it on adding more straps :)

I drove probably 200 miles today in the truck and almost got it stuck in the mud.

Alright I gotta ask, where around Denver did you find mud bad enough to almost get stuck? :)

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Two weeks have past since a transmission cooler hard line started leaking. I'm like "Thats it! I'm no longer dealing with this slushbox any more! 5 Speed swap this winter hopefully. I haven't started it since cause the batteries are dead.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
i took off a tire that had a slow leak and stuck one of my old good year wrangler rt2s on it and reminded my self of how it looked 5 years ago when i bought it and got the first set of them 36s on it almost brought a tear to my eye to think of how much its gone down hill in the last 5 years :-( time for a flat bed and a extended cab in the spring for now just the flat bed trying to figure out how my 7 foot flat bed is gonna work til i get the cab .

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
actually tried to start it today. no go, it fired once and died. think it needs some fuel

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck brought more of my brother's "stuff" and a sister's Bronco back to this side of the state.
Two engines (plus one on the trailer), a transmission, dog crate, and a few misc. other things in the bed.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today i'm justing driving back and forth in town light pilot light on apt furnaces and working on remodeling a house. No real hauling here. i could be doing this in my corolla.

Good thing is that i have almost reached the end of my first take after fixing the pickup tubes. so much nicer than filling up and only putting in 25 gallons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online

No members online now.