So what did you do with your truck today?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got aroud to removing broken shifter arm from inside E4OD and installing a replacement and the linkage.

Topped up 12.5L of TDH Fluid in trans.

Installed a replacement rear most U joint in rear drive shaft and reinstalled it.

Fired truck up....now drives under its own power.

Need to now replace pass window that was broken.

All on a 91 ex cab F250 4x I got cheap.

Now to run it for while see if worth replacing my rig

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got all of the chassis parts sandblasted and powder coated for brothers "cab swap". Coated with zinc rich powder to prevent corrosion, next I'll spray bomb black prior to assembly with new grade 8 bolts.
You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got all of the chassis parts sandblasted and powder coated for brothers "cab swap". Coated with zinc rich powder to prevent corrosion, next I'll spray bomb black prior to assembly with new grade 8 bolts.
Will the paint stick to the powder coat? Do you have to rough it up first?

I've never seen zinc rich powder coat. I'll have to look into that. Parts look great.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sticks great! The coating is actually textured, rough, & thick. Conventional sanding would only hit the high points. I suppose you could use a liquid sander / deglosser to access the low points, however I've never sanded any parts coated with it, just spray bombed.

Also welded slugs in those "swiss cheese" holes in the frame then cleaned and painted with POR15.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To chip truck;

Rinsed out the duralift fuel pump screen.Replaced the fuel filter.Replaced the penray coolant filter.Rotated the tires.Washed out the air filter,waiting for it to dry to oil it.
Replaced the instrument panel gauge bezel.Mine was cracking all apart at the mounts and such.The good used one I got on ebay come from a gas truck so in place of the batty light/idiot amp light,there is a icon of an air bag lol but I guess that wont hurt anything.

Last edited:

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hauled a load of stone today. The old girl got a work out today .

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally wired up my trailer harness, just need to get the brake controller installed now!

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm finally got my trubo on painted and tent on the windows plus put on my headache rack built it a year ago.

Before

After
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm finally got my trubo on painted and tent on the windows plus put on my headache rack built it a year ago.

Before

After
You must be registered for see images

Funny how a couple little things turned it from "average beater" into a sharp looking truck! Good job I like it!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busy weekend!

Got my trailer brake controller wired up, changed the hazard flasher, changed the rear brake hose. Got my trailer hitch welded up.

The other day it tossed the alternator belt on the way in to work. I changed that before I left that day and ordered a new belt for the ps and a spare for the alternator and vacuum pump. Swapped that out yesterday too.

Hauled the a load of junk for a coworker.

And got stuck in my lawn.

Mud truck it is not lol

Thanks now I just need ac working. That's next.

AC is on my list too, unfortunately I've still got a lot to do to mine before I get to it...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It was actually yesterday, but I took the old F250 for a last cruise before I pull the engine. We went fishing. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. I had to take it because it has the State Park Pass on the windshield.

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been nursing along a failing starter, really slow, weak, possibly the original. I bought a DB high torque and decided that today was the day. Talk about the most aggravating, dirty, curse filled job I've done in along time. The top bolt is nearly impossible to get to, there is no space, I was covered to the elbows in greasy dirt, did I mention aggravating and curse filled. I swear I'll scrap the truck before I ever do another starter. The engineer that designed the bolt pattern on it should be hunted down and killed repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online