So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished off my battery cable upgrade with a new auxiliary fuse panel for my accessories. It's attached to the factory fuse panel cover with some HD velcro, and there's enough slack in the wires to easily move it out of the way to access the factory fuses.

You must be registered for see images attach

second cleanest OBS ive ever seen :Thumbs Up

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently have the rear axles out to replace wheel bearings & do a diff oil change. Unfortunately the parts supplier "fouled up" so only one bearing was correct, the large one & seal were not :dunno

So try again this morning, pics to follow ;)

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently have the rear axles out to replace wheel bearings & do a diff oil change. Unfortunately the parts supplier "fouled up" so only one bearing was correct, the large one & seal were not :dunno

So try again this morning, pics to follow ;)

Pretty warm here 43c (109F) for those of you freezing in the northern hemisphere :cheers:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disc conversion on a Sterling 10.25, Russ? And I'm not looking forward to those temperatures this summer. Here in Las Vegas, its miserably hot from May- October

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disc conversion on a Sterling 10.25, Russ? And I'm not looking forward to those temperatures this summer. Here in Las Vegas, its miserably hot from May- October

No, it was handbrake inside the disc. I've never seen that before. The truck was sent out here as an incomplete vehicle F250 XLT 2WD. Was then set up as an ambulance with parabolic springs which needed air bags to raise & lower rear suspension for patient access.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

Ryan,

That is a SuperDuty Chassis with a Sterling 10.50. That's how all them are. They are a rear disk, with a completely independent drum parking brake inside the hat of the rotor. This is why many upgrade to the 99+ axles, however, they are a 8x170mm lugs, not 8x6.5".......

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So dumb question, will the hubs swap from a 10.25 to a 10.5? That would be an easy way to convert back to the old lug pattern. No idea at all if they are the same or similar but I have wondered. The housings are really similar.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure. But, I doubt it. The lugs go through the rotor, similar to the fronts. So swapping the hubs would need to bring the drums with it. I know the vans have a rear disk setup, but I think its a Dana not a Sterling. The vans have 8x6.5 into the mid-2000's. So I don't think there is and easy swap......

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Drove rig today and filled both tanks. Aired up front tires too. Rolls better now. Enjoyed using the defroster too with the rain. I seldom use it because I like the ac running year round for the dry air feel.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally started winter project, swapping cabs on brothers dump truck. Cab removed from donor 1980 f150 2wd. This truck was almost 100% unmolested with 75,000 miles, still has factory AM /FM radio. Dash pad and door panels are UV faded and will be replaced. It does have two rust holes on the interior cab ceiling which is somewhat odd in that it doesn't have cab lights and never had a headliner, just the factory metal skin. Odd place for rust through and I can only assume it was due to mice / mouse nests as there were plenty of them.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some rims from Burnt truck polished out nice for 35 maxis bighorns to go on soon

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axles & bearings reassembled. Popped the diff inspection plate off for an oil change. Cutting a gasket for it, as I'm not keen on the silicon alone which was on there.
I couldn't find a drain plug, so I assume this diff doesn't have one ?
The build plate on the door says 7/99 Incomplete vehicle
It'll be cooler here, today only 36c (96F)
This is how we drive down here ;)

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Continue working on winter project. Removed cab from brothers dump truck. Should've taken pics before turning into a "retractable". Garage ceiling too low, had to remove roof so chassis could be pulled out after raising. Really rusty, and note the "swiss cheese" frame. This has been a dump truck with front mounted snow plow for many years. Amazing it survived. Planning to "de-swissify" the frame this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online