So what did you do with your truck today?

73Vince

Reaction score
Today marks the fourth day that my truck has not been able to start. I have been troubleshooting all morning with no results. So far I have installed a factory turbo injection pump, I blew wd-40 through the injection hard lines to make sure they're not clogged (this is with them removed), I opened the schrader valve at the fuel filter and I have fuel there, I cracked the line to the injection pump and I'm getting fuel there, I cracked all the lines at the injectors and we have fuel there. I tested to make sure the solenoid in the IP clicked when you take off the connection, and it clicks when I took it off. My glow plugs have all been replaced and they only click after the "wait to start" light is off. Also, I made my friend's IDI connection mad at me today so that's what I did today. :dunno :D:mad:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Been doing lots of towing lately.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today I drove about 125 miles on 5 different freeways...Make some huge mistakes thinking my path was going to be no traffic.. Well that sure turned into a goat u no wat....

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the mechanical pump with a Facet Duralift and did the return lines (though I think I nicked an o ring on two of them as I have a small leak. Sigh) Duralift is well worth it!

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally have the timing where the mileage, engine sound and smoke should be.
Put fresh transmission fluid into the transfer case and drained and pumped fresh 80w-90 into the 4 speed (T19)
Greased hinges and pedal hinge points, lubricated all the accessible cables (heater, e-brake line,throttle cable)

pignoble

Reaction score
Had some air intrusion this morning through a simple in-line filter a previous owner put in place of the water separator. Replaced the filter and fixed the aeration in the lines, but I've realized while watching the new transparent filter that fuel delivery is cyclical. It'll splash the filter mostly full for a few seconds, then no in-flow or just a tiny trickle for 10 seconds, then another splash filling it mostly up again. It does this whether feeding from the front or rear tank. Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the dually had 6 bad glow plugs, in 30 degree weather thats bad.lol I dont even have a set, had to put in 2 used beru and 4 wellmans out of the uhaul engine. Not my choice but no one in town has ZD 9. Only Ac or autolites.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the middle of doing a lot of stuff. Just finished replacing the water pump and thermostat. Still waiting on the correct transmission hose to ship, then going to install a new radiator. In the meantime, I replaced the power steering pump and put in new front brakes, rotor and bearings.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruised my old truck 1000 miles this weekend. Cold started fine in Salt Lake, after a ~30° night. On the way home today my speedo started bouncing up/down about 10mph at 75mph. I think the VSS in the rear axle is going out again. Other than that small issue (which killed the cruise control and illuminates the RABS light) the truck ran great, and got about 16mpg.

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
put a new steering gear box in now about to tear the rear end apart and see what came loose then hopefully new axle shaft ujoints and wheel bearings next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i normally have log truck put away for the season this time of year but today i was working so far out,i wanted to to use it so i could make a load count since it's got a 16' bed.i was very surprised how well the old gal goes in the snow! i even drove it on a lawn with a few inches and she just went like a tank.i guess having that heavy crane sitting behind her rear axle really helps.i felt a little bad though.it's probably the first time she's seen salted roads.:eek:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today in about 1 hr 15 min I did one side of the rear drums and shoes. Will test drive tomorrow going to breakfast. then finish the drivers side rears. I can't believe how easy these drum shoes are with the 2 special tools...

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My IDI got a taste of cold weather this morning, it was 26*F when I started it up. It was less than happy. I only glowed it once, when I started it only half of the engine wanted to run (but it ran!). I let it run for a minute but the other cylinders didn't want to catch. Shut it down, glowed it twice more, still didn't want to cooperate. It initially started with rough idle but it smoothed out at 1k and went to 2k no problem, but back at idle some of the cylinders died again. One or two eventually cylinders came back and the idle got smoother, but at ~700-750 RPM it'd cut out and run like crap until it got to 800+ RPM. After 5 or 6 minutes it was finally running on all 8 at all RPM's, and it ran perfectly the rest of the day. Weird morning :dunno

I actually got the weirdness on video this time, because I know how much you guys love show & tell. It's only good for audio, it was still dark and I was half asleep and not paying much attention to aiming my phone, I just wanted the audio.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online