SO I feel Lost???

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i am looking at a 6.2L looks great but what should I look for i mean what type of glow plugs should i use if i have to replace them I mean is it even a good engine??

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the cooling system closely. GP's are an "easy" fix in these motors if you swell up a GP. the Bosch injectors give you a 3/4" hole to fish out the tips. cooling systems on these motors are the weak link.

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well is it just the water pump is the issue with these getting hot and how many miles is alot on the 6.2 i know it depends on someone using it like a truck but I would like to buy one but i wanna know what I should check out first and what type of glowplugs do I use so no more swelling?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are extremely hearty engines. Yeah they run on the warm side, but not to the point of being worse than any new gas engine. Just looking for leaks is a big thing, like oil and fuel. As for glow plugs, there are a lot more options for good plugs than some others, and the Delco is a good replacement choice.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The early water pumps dont flow enough to cool the engine while working HARD. I have a stock low volume pump on my 95 K1500 and when grossing 12-15K hauling cattle I dont run hot.

The big issue is not let it get hot. They dont like heat but a undermaintained system wont flow enough to cool the engine if worked like a dog.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online