Small boat to fit INSIDE trailer

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 34' toyhauler used primarily for motorcycles but i'm thinking of expanding my horizons.
is there a boat that could be trailered into a 8.5' trailer, so i guess the boat's trailer would have to be 7' or so approx.
I have kayaks but i'm thinkin something with a motor. I have a SeaEagle catalog and they make those lifeguard inflatables and those wave shooters take a 25 or 40 horse engine. But is there any hard boat that would fit the bill? I figure I could drive to the camp spot, park the 5er, open the toyhauler ramp, and pull my fierce little tiny speed boat out, and hit the boat ramp.
ideas? :yell:

ibsmurf

I be a Injunear....
Reaction score
What kind of length do you have to play with? The smaller Sea Doo sportboats all have a 7' beam, but they're 14.5-15.5' long, plus the trailer tounge. Check this link and look at the three boats on the right.

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ibsmurf
Interesting! I'm going to read up on all those. You ever ridden one?
thanks, :Thumbs Up
Mike

ibsmurf

I be a Injunear....
Reaction score
Nope, sure haven't.....you just said something in your first post about a small speed boat, and I thought of those. Those boats are basically a Sea Doo jetski power system in a more traditional boat hull....if they're half as fun as the jetskis, they should be a blast to play with.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
that new honda jet ski would fit and with the turbo 4 stroke engine she will put out about 155hp. not bad considering my bass boat only has 150 and will do 60+ loaded for a tournament... i haven't ridden a honda jet ski but have ridden some really fast ones.. you might could fit a pair in your trailer at two or three people per ski thats alot of folks on the water

i have seen a few of those ski doo boats on the lake and they look fun.. i seen a bunch of frat boys out in one and they would get it going real fast and spin it around a couple of times... i probably would have been more impressed if i hadn't been fishing a couple hundred hards away and wanting to hurt them after about the 3 time they did it

Last edited: