Site Changes

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to keep you guys abreast of some recent and upcoming changes that have either happened or are on the near horizon for Oilburners.net. In the very near future we will be switching over to a new server, this will cause some downtime but we will do everything in our power to minimize the downtime and some of you may not even notice it at all.

In addition, site ownership has changed hands. Max Power has agreed to transfer control of the site to me. Max was the founder of this site and is largely responsible for the success that it has enjoyed in the past 4 years. I have no inclinations to make large changes in the way we do business here at Oilburners.

I will be bringing on some new help in the site staffing. Big K (many of you are familiar with him from the North Texas Powerstroke Assn) will be coming onboard as the webmaster guru to keep this place humming and CHPMustang will be coming onboard with a boat load of fresh ideas for us as well. I would like to extend a HUGE warm welcome to these two individuals. Both have proven invaluable to me in other endeavors and I expect they will be a great addition to our site.

I also would like to see a revitalization of our GM and Dodge forums. With that in mind I am all ears from our users/members on ideas to light a fire back under those catagories.

Anyways, I'll get off the soapbox and settle back into my easy chair here and hope you all decide to continue on with contributing to the continued future success of OB.net. Without you guys, this place would cease to exist.

Thanks,

Mike

rubberfish

Reaction score
Big K hasn't posted in three years.
I thought he had died.
I just didn't want to ask,
you know how awkward **** like that can get. :rotflmao
Be good to see him again, figuratively speaking. :)
Keep up the good work Mike. And congrats. :) ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob, this is a different Big K.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Ah darn. I hate having to train new staff.
Some of them are quite stubborn, and put
up a bit of a struggle during the break-in period. :backoff

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah darn. I hate having to train new staff.
Some of them are quite stubborn, and put
up a bit of a struggle during the break-in period. :backoff
I think you'll like Kevin, hes as good of a guy as a guy could ask for.......:rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mike, Looking forward to the future. I'd love to see a bigger GM & Dodge crowd.
Thanks Mike, I am looking forward to a jump start in the other two big forums as well.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
what.... I was easy to train - they gave me the you're :Banned stamper and everything... I haven't used it in a while maybe I'll see if it still works on the rubber guy... LOL

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep up the good work here as well.if yall need help around here let me know,im more than willing to help out if needed ;Sweet

rubberfish

Reaction score
I haven't used it in a while maybe I'll see if it still works on the rubber guy... LOL
Then I'd have to re register as rubberfish1.
maybe disguise my typing a bit or something.
That'd buy me a couple of weeks anyways. :)

CHPMustang

OilBurners Staff
Reaction score
Howdy everyone,many know me from the old TDS days and have spent helping Mike & Max at the PowerStroke forums for the last 2 years,I hope to contribute to the growth of OilBurners in the present,near & distant future;Sweet

I have a thing against spammers meaning I don't want them in the community forums at all:backoff Once I'm up and going they will be hard to find anymore here ;Sweet

I've known BigK from the North Texas PowerStroke Association for some 6-7 years now and will vouch for his technical profressionalism and expertise ;Sweet

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online

No members online now.