She's.............ORANGE!!

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Well I painted the "new" truck Allis Chalmers Orange last night. Just smeared it on with a brush but it looks better than it did! A lot brighter too I might add! :D
I'll have to post some pics of her on here soon!

TheWolf

Reaction score
Not any good without the PICS!!!!!!!!!!

Is it 'soon' yet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a truck painted with spray cans the other day. Not too bad from 40 feet away. I imagine you could do a better job with a brush, coverage wise. You'd just have those potential brush marks. It's been my observation over the years that brush applied paint seems to hold up better. Maybe it is because the coating is thicker, or maybe the brush moves the dirt out of the way and it sticks better. Dunno. Nice time of year to make a pumpkin mobile. ;Sweet

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I saw a truck painted with spray cans the other day. Not too bad from 40 feet away. I imagine you could do a better job with a brush, coverage wise. You'd just have those potential brush marks. It's been my observation over the years that brush applied paint seems to hold up better. Maybe it is because the coating is thicker, or maybe the brush moves the dirt out of the way and it sticks better. Dunno. Nice time of year to make a pumpkin mobile. ;Sweet

I got done painting around 9pm last night and by 6 am this morning the paint was dry and shiney. I'll tell you what.......the rust on the doors where the gray factory paint had disintigrated soaked up paint like dry lumber, It would have taken a can of spray paint for each door. The reason I used a brush was that i didnt have to mask any windows or anything so it was a lot quicker and easier.
The dirt/bird crap was left on for primer so I hope i didnt brush any of it off! :rotflmao
I dont know if i would go so far as to call her a pumpkin (even though tis the season) my inspiration was Dukes of Hazzard of course! :D

Last edited:

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I painted a 69 Bronco of mine Alice Chalmers Orange using paint from the tractor supply store. It lasted about 3 years before I needed to repaint it. Mostly due to rocks and trees adding new pin stripes. I painted a truck today gloss black. It came out pretty well. I am thinking about painting my Ford black. Not sure though. Any opinions on how they look gloss black.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well looks like everyone is jumping on the Orange band wagon! We painted my brothers truck Orange and now everyone seems to be doing it!

andy

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
and this is the classic fuel tank note the small clear tube to view the fuel level

Attachments

• hemi 3.jpg
    hemi 3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 20

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
I love this wooden bumper he got on me for having a wooden tailgate to hold the bed together on my old wood hauler how he's got a wooden bumper cookoo

Attachments

• hemi1.jpg
    hemi1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online