Selling My 91 all original 2500 1st gen to buy a 97

barefootslim

Reaction score
Hey Guy's
Well I got to do it!
I've got an all original 1991 regular cab 2wd 2500 that I picked up last fall. I'm now smitten with a 1997 2nd gen dually club cab. The price is reasonable and condition is pretty good sooooo here goes another upgrade (hate to use that term!)
My 91 is as stock as they come and is flat unmolested!.

Good body and great interior. p/s, p/b, tilt, cruise a/c, auto etc.

It's a life long north central arkansas truck (i'm the 3rd owner).

No rust that I've found super clean bed with minimal scratches, the body has a small dent on either side of the bed from a tornado throwing sticks around! easy fix or leave it alone and drive it any way.

I've had all fluids changed out including the trans tuned up. New belts and hoses, air filter etc...
A local mechanic friend of mine did aLL the work on it and at one point wanted to add it to his stable of 7 vehicles, why he didn't buy it????? It wasn't for sale at the time and now He says he has 7 rigs (you gotta appriciate his humor). He works on 25-30 cars and trucks a week at his shop and has been doing so for over 30 years,Seriously He likes the truck and gave it 2 thumbs up!;Sweet;Sweet

At any rate I've not driven the 91 much lately. I've got a 03 honda element, (i'd sell it to, it's to small for me) a 97 dodge gas burner and I just sold a friend my 02 swb dodge. I gave my cousins wife a cherry 65k mile , 91 olds 98 for christmas last year (12 vertabra's fused together and never fails to have a smile on her face)

The cab on the 91 is a bit small for me I'm 6'6" and 360lbs, I'm dealing with the screwed up hurt the back on the job and cussing workmans comp thing. While the truck is just flat **** a good one, me the belly and the back are in the way! I love being all dainty and delicate :rotflmao

Ok here's what's wrong with it. There is a wiring problem with it. It eats voltage regulators on occassion. I just have not been able to hook up with the mechanic to let him play with it. He seems to think it's the alternator. I think it's probaly the pos & neg cables to the new wally world battery. $ 600.00 since I got it and I'm selling it for what I've got in it

Any way it does drive out right! It shifts just fine and has plenty of power! It starts right up and is as smoth as they come. It's a pleasure to drive and gets plenty of thumbs ups and atta boy comments!

Ok here's what I'm asking for it.
$4500.00, Yup that's it!:thumbsup: It's just about what I paid for it. I'm not trying to make a profit off of it or any thing. I just need the money to get the 1997.

Oh Yeah You get the nifty looking camper shell as part of the deal. It's in as good a shape as they come (back glass is out)

If interested give " Slim" a call Yeah I know.... SLIM :eek: :rotflmao Whattayagointodo! They,
've been callin me that for almost 40 years now! (Just as long as they don't call me late for breakfast lunch or dinnerLOL

901 691 7303

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88