Replacing water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of that AC Delco pump. Ford has the Motorcraft one in stock. Anythoughts on that one? I agree about the cheaper versions, even if they are lifetime warranty, but. I also want new. SO, what about the Motorcraft one?

Well if that was an option to which I could have afforded to go, I would have gone with it for certain. In COMPARISON to the other remanned pump I originally picked up, there was a difference.

I suspect that the Motorcraft one would be just great, I'd have preferred it, cost was deciding factor and warranty was no better than the one I chose.

Al

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be changing my water pump soon. I was wondering about the separator plate.

Can water or oil leak from the separator plate?

Does the separator plate have a gasket? If so, is it hard to change once the pump is off?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this picture in a service book, could be helpful to someone and does have something to do with the water pump :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, could you elaborate on how you took the fan nut off? I ask b/c I will have to replace my pump sometime in the future.....probably after the snow cleares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online