Reno Tranny Shops

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Please don't hurt me for asking this here, I just feel funny when I am out of the basement :dunno

Buddy of mine is on a road trip in his new to him 1995 F550 chassis motor home with the gas 460 (I think) anyway, his tranny is acting up. He hopes to make it into Reno on Monday (he is at burning man right now)

Anyone know a good trany shop around there? I don't have any details yet on exactly what it is doing (which would help I know)

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This place http://www.scottystransmission.com/index.php is right down the street from my work and from what I have been told it is a very clean and reputable shop, don't know about price but when I drive buy the place is always very clean and they have their own rebuild shop there as well. By the way if he needs any sort of help I can try to do something but with a broken wrist I am kinda limited on things but on the bright side I'm home all the time right now.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that your friend is also from Canada. If your friend wants to have a warranty that's good in Canada should he need his transmission rebuilt then AAMCO would be a great choice since they have locations in B.C.
http://www.aamco.com/index.html

Directions to Scotty's: Westbound I-80 to Rock Blvd, left on Rock(southbound) to Glendale Ave, turn left on Glendale(eastbound) go 2 blocks, Scotty's is located on left

Directions to AAMCO: I-80 westbound to US-395 southbound towards Carson City 2nd exit will be Mill St. AAMCO can be seen at offramp located next to Private Party Motors

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find a tranny at burning man. And I'm not talking about one with gears. LOL cookoo

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HaHaHaHa! Yeah burning man is a real freak show. Speaking of tranny, I had to deliver a pizza 2 a gay guy and his tranny friend Tuesday night :( The guy paid by credit card and tried to test the waters by saying : that's me on the i.d. I'm just an ugly old bald man...). I kept my mouth shut!!!

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
HaHaHaHa! Yeah burning man is a real freak show. Speaking of tranny, I had to deliver a pizza 2 a gay guy and his tranny friend Tuesday night :( The guy paid by credit card and tried to test the waters by saying : that's me on the i.d. I'm just an ugly old bald man...). I kept my mouth shut!!!

Smart move! Don't leave anything open that you wouldn't want filled!:rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to the newbs...
welcome to Oilburners...where the moderators are the worst offenders in putting threads into the weeds:dunnocookoo:D

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, no butt darts, smole poking, or anything else going on around here.

I ain't a homophobe. Just ain't ****!

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will pass on the messages. I am still trying to get more info from him, but I think he is enjoying the show more then thinking about tranny's (with or with-out gears)

Something about going down there to see the sights and got a new camera... I didn't follow myself but I am waiting to see the pictures :)

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Burning man is a freak show. One year a plane crashed on the playa. The people managed to walk away. Another year a man was arrested for setting fire to 'the man' days before it was to be burned( he was also arrested at a later date for attempted arson at a church in San Francisco). Last year a man hung himself at an art exhibit and people kept walking by him thinking he was performance art. Also last year a person tried to commit suicide by jumping down off something into a car or motorhome windshield. He didn't die but the windshield didn't survive. Burning man isn't a place for young kids since alot of people get high on substances, some get nude, and many other freaky things going on. Towards the end some people run out of supplies like Water and trade all kinds of stuff for what they need including ****** favors(money isn't allowed at Burning Man). some people leav early because they can't handle lack of showers, the people, how bad the port potties get during each day. And the playa, it gets everywhere!

http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity_yearround/special_events/playa_webcast.html
You can watch live video streaming on there. Don't know what the hours are for the video though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08