Recall notice

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My brother got one for his 94 on friday. I don't understand why we didn't get 7 of them though.
Never mind, I just read that its for 93-97 trucks so that would mean we have 3 truck we need to take in.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I had mine done on thursday, I dont see anything different though. The harness from the switch to the fuse box is untouched. Must have put it somewhere else in the system.

If you vehicle is affected by the recall, you dont have to wait to get the letter. I made my appointment before I got mine. I posted about this earlier this week.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I switched my master cylinder to a 96 F series or something a while back. I don't think I have that switch hooked up, it's the red one in this picture right?

http://www.samantha.cc/images/Truck/paintedintruck/engine9.jpg

I don't recall the old master cylinder even having a similar old connector like this and there wasn't any place in my wiring harness to hook up to that switch and my cruise control works fine. Did i just never have this faulty switch or what?

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I switched my master cylinder to a 96 F series or something a while back. I don't think I have that switch hooked up, it's the red one in this picture right?

http://www.samantha.cc/images/Truck/paintedintruck/engine9.jpg

I don't recall the old master cylinder even having a similar old connector like this and there wasn't any place in my wiring harness to hook up to that switch and my cruise control works fine. Did i just never have this faulty switch or what?

Yes, that is the switch....... The recall was 93-97. I see a 92 E350 in your sig...... If that is the vehicle you did the master cylinder swap on, you never had this switch in the first place.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
F series..."diesel" 1993-1997 & 1999-2003
my 1988 is safe ;Sweet
Damn...my junk is old ;Really

Naw, it's not old, it's just experienced enough to know better than to burn itself to the ground, unlike those young whipersnapers :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an important thread. We don't need anyone's truck burning up. Therefore it's going to be stuck at the top for a while until I decide how best to archive it.

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
I got this in the mail the other day... Too bad there is no transmission in my truck... It's gonna be a while till I can get it in to the Stealership to get it fixed...

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No letter is needed although an appointment for those who deal with a busy dealership would makd for a faster repair. I BM&W'ed at my dealership and the Ford 1-800 number when I discovered my PU was in the group but did not have the recall complied with even though their computer showed it had been changed!

Don't know if it was coincidence or not but about two weeks after firing off a nasty letter to Ford, this recall was announced.

It is apparant if it has been done as there is an inline fuse placed in the harness going from the switch and box. You can easily tell the wiring has changed from what it was when it left the factory. Takes 10 minutes on a pickup tops to install.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
guess i'm under the wire on late '92 eh?

-Jon

Should be according to the recall notice....... You could always call Ford if you really want to be certain or just look on your master cylinder and see if you have th sensor with a harness plugged into it. :D