Quick and Easy Tutorial on how to post pictures uploaded to the forum.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a quick tutorial on how to post pictures into posts using the "Upload" feature of the forum (the picture lives on the forum's server), and not a hosting sight like photobucket..... Hopefully this will help to eliminate the Attachment XXXX that shows invalid link when someone clicks on it.

Use the Go Advanced button

Type response

Click on Manage Attachments:

You must be registered for see images attach

This will bring up the page to see any pictures you have uploaded and to upload new ones:

Click the Upload button in the top right, then click Browse to select the file from you computer, if you click the + next to the Upload button, you can select additional pics, one at a time.

Once you have them all chosen, click upload and they will appear at the bottom of the screen:

Click Insert Inline and they will be added to your post.

One other nice feature is, if you have uploaded a picture in the past, and want to use it again, follow the first two steps to get the window showing all previous uploads. Check the box in the lower right corner of the ones you would like to use, click and drag them to the bottom, click on insert inline and they will be added to your post.

When you click on Insert Inline, it will post the tags all in a row across the screen, which means the pictures will sit side by side. If you want them stacked, move your cursor between the .../ATTACH][ATTACH.... (.../ATTACH]RIGHT HERE[ATTACH....) and hit the Enter key twice. This will stack them, and put 1 blank line between the pictures...... I can't use what the actual code looks like, because it will attach the picture..... once you see it, it will make since.

This is the method I use to post pictures, including the ones in this post, and it works well.

Pullet

Reaction score
I figgered it out!
First locate file upload, select it and then an appropriate picture, and then wait until insertion becomes the option.

It doesn't like Eyephone 'edited' photographs.

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually need to update these instructions. These don't apply since the software upgrade on the forum. Thank you for the reminder.

Pullet

Reaction score
I don't know from Tapatalk, but Safari can do. Is file uploading/image insertion easier? Does it make your telephone noiser or more likely to vibrate? Thanks, maybe I'll read some internest about it too.

Edit:I'd rather not have to find and delete automatical signaturing, probably just leave well enough alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online