Questions specifically related to converting my distributor

Reaction score
I asked a question before in a different thread about my truck not starting and converting the distributor. But Now I want to focus only on the conversion. I am getting mixed matched information concerning how I should go about it. I went to the parts store and they are telling me I have to have a new module. Summit told me I need a new coil. Using a points eliminator kit I thought would be cheaper and easier. But that may not be the case. Plus, I want to do this right. With the exception of the time I plan to rebuild the engine I do not want to mess with this again. What all do I require to convert to an electrical distributor? Also, whish is better converting that way or with a points eliminator? Also, what do I need for that conversion as well? If I go with a new electrical distributor what kind of wiring should I plan on getting into? And, was the parts store referring to the module on the fire wall? Photographs would be a huge help here.

You must be registered for see images attach

The coil has external resistor written on it. Is that the small cylindrical thing? Also, will a new coil eliminate that?

dennis

Reaction score
find a junker
chrylser went to pointless dist. in 75 just change dist and wire up it still uses the same coil and ballast resistor I have a 73 dodge book and way too many old chyslers. three 75 cordobas. pm me and I will post what I can help you with. the books I have should give me wire colors and I have things to touch to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online