Question for the 12V gurus...

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
What are the downsides to buying a motor that has been stripped of the p-pump and made into a VE?

The block is a '95. I vaguely remember hearing that the piston bowls were different and the injector spray pattern was specific to the piston design. How big of a deal is this?

I was looking for a VE motor; if the seller had not been honest I would have never known. He claims that it will make no difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
A block with a ve pump on it is no different than one with a p pump on it. The difference is in the pistons. The older non inter cooled pistons have a larger bowl and run a 155 degree spray angle. The inter cooled pistons run a 145* spray angle for the smaller bowls. Now the injectors are different for ve vs p pump. The p pump injectors run a higher pop pressure than the ve. If its an 95 then you will need injectors with 145* spray angle and the pop pressure set fothe ve pump. Off the record because I have not confirmed this but I think the injector line threads are different from ve to p pump. But I'm not sure on that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online