Pump Questions...

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
Is there any way to accurately return my truck's pump to "stock" settings? Without being the one who turned it up in the first place I don't have an accurate number of turns and rotations to go by. I don't want to risk leaning it out too much and burning up the motor.

There is some kind of "vent" looking deal on the backside of my pump. PO put a rubber hose running to a plastic bottle because fuel was dripping out of it. He said there was some kind of O-ring he thought needed replaced to fix the fuel running out problem. Any exploded diagrams of the pumps online you know about so I can see what he's talking about before I tear into my pump?

After my truck sits for 8 or more days it gets pretty hard to start. I believe I might have a leak somewhere letting the fuel drain back into the tank. Any typical spots to look for as causes?

That should be about it for now.

Thanks.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Don't have to worry about leaning it out - when you lean out a diesel you decrease RPMs. In a diesel we don't meter the air only the fuel so no worries on leaning it out. as for getting it set back to stock settings? don't know how you would do that without a bench calibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online

No members online now.