project: watch out Kentuckians

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you using for valves?

I run the summit brand cutoffs on my 944 and have had pretty good success.

the problem is the valves are going in 4'' and 5'' pipe. I have looked around and it seems a valve for 3'' pipe is $300, and so on. even if I plumbed them in the 3'' part of the system I still need four of them so it would still be very expensive.

I plan to make my own and operate them by hand. I was thinking of a design similar to a throttle body. they wont be used all the time, only when I have something on the bed I want to keep clean.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never thought of that. I guess I would have to do some salvage yard hunting.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these came in today, the antennas are cool. the studs are probably the most expensive 9'' by 7'' box I have

You must be registered for see images attach

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh so you are one of the other ones buying the moose boost kit. I'm doing an engine swap on mine so I bought the upgrade kit to do the intake while the engine is out and apart. Hopefully soon I can afford that sweet turbo that goes with it too

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah im kind of paying for what I can as I go but ill be doing the whole setup, turbo and upgrade kit. that's why I want to do the studs and fix the other leaks.

I think heath reported 18 lbs of boost so it should go good. I will still be running the junior pump for now, even though it might be a little under fuled. I do have the moose misters so those will help.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think heath reported 18 lbs of boost so it should go good.

Well, I've not seen exactly how much boost it'll make. I'm sure it'll do a lot more than 18-19. but, that's as much pressure as my crumby intercooler boots will hold before they blow off the piping. I should have put a bead on all the pipe ends. Something to give the clamps to hold onto. LOL

I have to watch the boost gauge while hauling heavy. I can easily "over boost" my intercooler boots if I'm not careful. Scratch that....... I have to watch it empty too. Both times I've blow off the boots I've been farting around empty..... getting a little too ******* the throttle.:peelout

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see what mine does because my exhaust housing is the smaller one so it will either spool really fast or be too small and choke it off too much. Either way, it will be another data point for the collective.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see what mine does because my exhaust housing is the smaller one so it will either spool really fast or be too small and choke it off too much. Either way, it will be another data point for the collective.

What turbo do you have?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gt3788. Same as the moose boost but with a size smaller exhaust housing. I was going to get one from Mel and this one fell from the sky priced entirely too low. It was brand new. Still had the QA markings on the wheels.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. Is it still Ball bearing liquid cooled?

It would be cool to get both the trucks on a dyno to really compare numbers. I would be up to take them down a drag strip. We did that at gooses rally, and I had just the turbo with stock fuel system and did good.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Still water cooled ball bearing. Mine has the 0.89 A/R hot side. I think Mel went 0.99. It's an easy relatively cheap swap if it is too small. Here's the curves.

Mines the green. Yours is the blue I think. The upside is that mine should spoil faster. Down side is it may choke off on the high side. It also came with the undivided t3 housing so I didn't need to adapt to the t4. If you look around, you can get the exhaust housing in all the A/Rs with the t3 flange or undivided t4 I think. Again not that it makes a ton of difference. The Banks sidewinder is t3 native.