Project Big Red

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have part of a PSD down pipe that came with my diamond eye exhaust system. I cut the bottom off for the connection but the top part is still intact. It is the 2.75 pipe if I remember correctly. I can check and it's yours for shipping if it can help.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer but I actually have the upper half of the Banks pipe.

I'm too far down the road to hell now to back up. It's a matter of principle at this point.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while. Finally got back on it a little today. Working down my first start check list.

Installed the shift tower.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then I filled the trans with AMSOil ATF. Little over 3.5 qts. Installed the new reverse light switch. That pretty much buttons up the trans short of the shifter and clutch being bled.

Slid back and filled the tcase with the same fluid. Poured a dash through it just to see what came out and it looked really clean. Hopefully the tcase is good. It's about the only thing I haven't opened up. Little over 2 qts or so in it.

Turned my attention to bleeding the slave cylinder. That didn't go so well. Have to rethink that. [emoji20]

I got the second battery box modified and mounted up.

I ran out and measured the bed and this should be a good spot. Nothing really around it there to get in the way. I'll probably pull the boxes back off and shoot them in epoxy primer. Need to decide what I'm going to do for a lid. I think I'm going to pick up a couple generic hold downs that will work pretty easy.

Lot of things to do to get to first start. It is pretty satisfying to be installing fluids though.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on. I'm off all the rest of the weekend except a meeting Friday morning.

I quit predicting when things will happen. It's always something. Case in point, I set a mailbox post this afternoon. Wife being sick is not helping. Seems like it's been something every week since thanksgiving. Going out this evening to do some work on it. Need to see if I can get the crossover pipe and the down pipe all on. I think I'll need to re-route the one intercooler pipe. I'm close. I've informed everyone there was garage time in the works for this weekend. I'm optimistic but no more predictions.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I've been busy all day. Finally doing truck related things this evening. You guys will get an update later. I know that's what you care about. You can always go back a dozen or so pages and read it again. It would be like re-runs before the next season.
LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright alright.

So small progress on a few fronts. First, I pulled the metal plate that the voltage regulator and vacuum switch lives on off the parts truck. Stripped everything off it, sand blasted, primed and painted it.

This will be where the new electrical stuff, fuel pump and hopefully electric vacuum pump.

While the paint was drying, I decided to stick the down pipe on with the new clamp. It seems to fit. I dug out the crossover pipe and made sure it would fit. I was worried about it clearing the oil feed. Think we are good there.

I pulled the radiator and swapped out the old AC condenser for the new one.

I stuck the top radiator hose on just to see. Bottom line is I think the hood will have to go on before I know if I'm screwed with the IC pipes or not. At a minimum the fenders so I can eyeball it.

I dug out the cable and lugs for the battery cables. I thought I bought some 3/0 for the starter but it's all 2/0. Guess we will give it a go. Worst case since it's all stud terminals now, I replace that section. The starter cable will only be about 3 feet long because the battery is under the passenger door.

I also flipped the clutch slave over after coming to the realization that I would never get it to bleed up side down. [emoji21]

Figured out that I could bleed it by myself by holding the clutch pedal in from outside the fire wall. With the crossover pipe off, the bleeder is right there. The wire harness hole let me run a strap in to the pedal.

Worked okay. I've got a pedal now. Not sure how good it is but it's way better than I had before. It snaps back pretty quick.

So a lot of little things.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today. I started off by giving the radiator shroud a bath.

I was going to hit it with some bull dog adhesion promoter and give it a lick of paint but honestly it cleaned up really darn good. I think I'll hit it with some tire black or something and call it good.

So I moved on. I've been trying to decide how to do my auxiliary wiring. I need power for the electric fuel pump, vacuum pump and several other things including headlight relay mod. I decided to go with these boxes.

They use weather pack seals in the back and special terminals to accept fuse blades and relay blades.

You can buy mounting brackets for them but I needed a way to mount 2 of them so I whipped this up.

Need some heat shrink for the battery cables to put them together.

So I'm about ready to put this stuff all together and put the passenger fender on. I still need to finish off the IC pipes. I think I'm going to paint the intake hat red. Got some hose clamps so I can drop the radiator back in so I'll have everything in place for adjusting the pipes. Might get it started Sunday. Damn cold has had me down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online