Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at several of those but they were all polished and the rear diff cover was not. And I was not about to polish the rear cover now so I ended up going back stock with nice hardware. Like you said, it will end up with oil all over it eventually so why fight it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I solved one big problem tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

The hood will now close. Need to move the rest of the latch over and there's a lot of fine tuning to be done on the front sheet metal.

I started in on my mission to delete the fusible links. I actually need a roll of 12 ga primary wire to finish that job but I'm close.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It don't look like much but damn.

So long fusible links.

Working at massaging this mess of wires into something I can live with.

I have 5 more strands of wire to run over from one side to the other for the auxiliaries and I think the pass side will be a wrap. I'll start looming it up.

I pulled my horns out. I'll have to mod the stupid bracket. Must be a van bracket but that's not a huge deal. I also got down my overhead console down to check and make sure the gauges fit.

I'm out of bits for my weather pack stuff so need to order some refills. I'm probably going a little overboard with connectors but I hate having to unwire things to work on them. It just irritates me so I'll use a few extra connectors. I have a third box that I am planning to use to set up the trailer wiring. It's going on the drivers side fender. Everything is getting relayed and fuses.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today, I spent most of my time today getting the front end bolted up solid. I got the hood adjusted up pretty close.

I actually set the cowl in there long enough to get things squared up.

It's not perfect by any means but it looks decent. I cleaned up the other inner fender I had for the driver side and swapped it out. It's was in better overall shape once I got it scrubbed up. I need to get the speed nuts out of the old hood for the springs then I can ditch the hood prop. I also need to get the hood catch out of the other hood and that will pretty much finish that off.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have any fear the a/c might not be as efficient with the IC in front of it? I don't have any personal experience of what would be better.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have any fear the a/c might not be as efficient with the IC in front of it? I don't have any personal experience of what would be better.
The short answer is yes. I stacked it that way because it took the least fab work. We shall see.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we will both be in the semi experimental stage for the rally LOL. after all it will only be a 1,000 mile drive.LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's only about 600 from here but what's 400 miles between friends right? The AC better work going to KY in July. I'll have a mutiny on my hands if it doesn't.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if the made arrangements for it, but on the 6.0 it goes: CAC, A/C, Radiator. There a couple smaller coolers like the transmission in front of everything, but the full size coolers are in that order, factory, and I have no complaints on A/C performance.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it works out that well. I have to assume the Ex was designed that way though. I'm sure my 91 was not. LOL

There's a lot of things that aren't standard about my 91 including the owner.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look Ma!!! No hands!!!

I stripped the bits off the old hood and fenders I needed and got these on tonight. I also pulled the hood catch and got it cleaned up and painted.

If I weren't so pushed for time I would have plated all that stuff. Finished is better than perfect at this point.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got the catch installed and adjusted. Started wrapping up the harness.

It's coming together pretty well. May need some bigger loom.

Need some more connector supplies. [emoji53]

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a curiosity question I noticed with your intercooler instal, is the hood latch okay with cutting off the bar that goes down lower. I was going to cut mine there but didn't know if it was going to affect the hood latching or if it would make it loose and rattle around?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works fine. I just had to trim the bottom off. It's still long enough to get plenty of leverage. The grill could end up being an issue but we will see soon enough.