Product Brochure

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Went by the local Dodge dealer here in town becasue I'm reccommending to my company that we need to replace our aging fleet of '99 & '00 Powerstrokes with new Ram 3500 Chassis Cabs.

The dealer had one in stock, regular cab 2wd ST with the new 6.7L & 6-speed. The trucks sits pretty high, roughly the same height as the regualr 4x4 trucks. The shift pattern looks kinda funky on the new 6-spd but it may be great for driving. Reverse is to the left aand down and 1st thru 6th are in the same place as the currect NV5600. According to the brochure, 1st gear is a whopping 6.29. the frame looked beefy as hell and the trucks come with a 55gallon rear fuel tank (an extra 22 gallon midship is optional.) Trailer weights for the QC DRW are 16,050# on 4x2 and 15,750# for 4x4. These are slightly higher for the SRW trucks.

One cool thing si the factory Jake Brake is only a $300 option on Dodge's website. definately worth the money. Looking under the hood, the turbo looks different. The Holset setup looks electronically controlled becasue there's a wiring harness between the 2 halves. Not sure if this is afor a variable geometery setup or jsut for workign with the Bosch injection system.

Overall they look like they're going to be cool trucks and I'm anxious to see what the power numbers are going to be next year fro the Big C.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
300 clams - boy a guy would knuckle head not to get it for that price. The aftermarket brakes cost a grand at best.

So did ya drive it...

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Not yet becasue I didn't have the time and I wnted to drive a QC. But if I was hot-shotting or hauling cows like I used ot, that single cab 2wd would be the cat's ass.

May try to get by there tomorrow and test drive it. Kinda curious to see how they drive. :D