Post Time and Tune Numbers and driving habbits

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Okay, got the new 6.9 timed today and they said it was over 6* OVER ADVANCED. I dont know how it could have possibly been that far off. But anyway.
It finally BARELY takes off under its own power in 2nd gear (im thinking there's a brake or two hanging up).
I noticed it cruises at about 3lbs boost and at 50-60mph the EGT's were in the 800's. I think the EGT's are a little high, but I dont know. The thermocouple is located in the drivers side crossover pipe just below the manifold flange. So its as close as you could possibly get it without actually putting it in the manifold.

Also, whats the safe shut-down temp? anything below 300*?
Whats the highest temp I could go with the thermocouple located there?
I saw it get up to 1050* on the way home.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow, I'm suprised it runs. Anyways, those numbers sound a little high. Just cruising around should be 1-2psi of boost and around 600* if your truck is set up kinda like mine (on flat ground). Anything below 300* is good for a shutdown....I let mine go below 300* more like 275* unless I'm in a hurry, then its 300*. Highest EGT's I would go to would be 1200 then I would start lifting....its close enough to the head that that number should be fairly correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.