Please help me welcome Roland_Jenkins to our team!

Max Power

Reaction score
I am proud to announce that we are adding Roland_Jenkins as a moderator at Oilburners.net

We are very happy to have him on board and feel he will be a great asset to the site.

Please help me welcome him aboard.

I look forward to working with you Roland.

We will also be adding a few more moderators in the very near future.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Roland, glad to have you onboard as part of our staff here at OB.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Show me your stinkin badge. :D

Attachments

• stinkin_badges.jpg
    stinkin_badges.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 here.

Until the last few months Roland provided too much personality and 1-liner humor to be a mod here or anywhere IMHO. :rotflmao

Whether he changed his tune recently to be considered as a mod or simply reached some type of turning point as this site did *I* think the 'old' Roland was more of an asset to this site than the 'new' Roland. I always noticed whether he didn't post for days, weeks or even a month or more and missed his coarse humor. ;Sweet

Then again, when a site like this goes from a free-for-all to making mods out of the more consistent, likable and frequent posters things are bound to change whether we like it or not. Like it or not the problem is those same new mods are no longer the same members we bonded with because they tend to back-off and watch us post vs. posting their honest opinions because they don't want to be judged IMO.

From day one I liked Roland the smart-aleck not Roland the recently christened 'father-figure' of OB. LOL I mean that in the most sincere way as well. :thumbsup:

Either way Roland, I wish you the best of luck in your newly found role as mod because like I said the majority of your posts in the past helped make this site entertaining when you were around to post.

Andy

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Thanks . . I think :) I've been very busy in the real world lately. Things are only going to get worse (busier) until sometime in August.

That's only part of the reason I haven't been posting much. The other reason is, toO ;p many **** threads for my liking.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of you may be selling Roland just a bit short, his one liners and dry humor that he showed in his posts are one thing, but he never changed or crossed that undrawn moral line and as a user did his best (in his special way) to let others know when they were treading ever so close to that undrawn line.

rubberfish

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I think some of you may be selling Roland just a bit short
No we're not,,,,we're just picking on him 'cause we can,
the same as we do to you big guy :D

Good choice Max ;Sweet

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
If they pick on me, some other sucker is getting a break. LOL
I won't be doing much "moderating" around here for awhile. I want to sit back and see how they do things here also I'm pretty short on free time right now.