Picked up a 6.0 loving it so far

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my two 6.9 IDI's are in need of engine rebuilds and other work I picked up this 6.0 to replace my f150 5.4 that was totalled off. No more overloading the half ton!

2004 F350 King Ranch CCSB 275,000km on it. Truck has the 4 captain chairs and dual center consoles. Arp headstuds, sinister egr delete and bully dog power pup. Planning on ditching the BD for an SCT Livewire after Xmas. Transmission works perfect, doesn't leak a drop anywhere on truck, just some minor cosmetic things that will be replaced.
Truck had 3 cracked rims so found some gently used XD monster rims for a decent price and put new 33" mud grapplers on. Going to install an espar heater this week before I head to hunting camp. Loving the truck so far.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nice.
Looks like could use some new headlights, but better chip would be my first also.
Espar is the diesel fired unit?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Espar is a diesel fired heater like a webasto. Headlights were just dirty in pic, have since washed truck and they are fairly clear.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't yet, up in the cold white north, switch to synthetic engine oil. Last year here in Indiana, we had several days with highs in the 10-15 degree Fahrenheit range. With the block heater not being plugged in (thanks middle son) and dino in the crankcase, I got to drive the car to work. With the molasses in the pan, it would just not spin over fast enough, or build HP oil fast enough to catch. Now it was also at the end of its change cycle, so I am sure that did not help. Switched over to Delo Synthetic and had no starting issues after that. It also helps with stiction issues also. Sound like all the bulletproofing has been done, so just drive it and enjoy. I love my 6.0!

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switched to 5-40 synthetic and changed everything but the front/rear diff oil three days after purchase last week. Going to install the espar this week and I will be fully ready for whatever the brutal canadian winter decides to throw my way