Official 2010 IDI Rally Thread

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to say a big thanks to Chris and Jessica for putting on a great rally. What a great time. It's amazing how fast a week passes when you are with a great group of friends.

Also I want to say thanks Dan (AZDIRT) for taking the time to meet me in Rosendale, Wisconsin to bring me the 10 lug Dana 80. We were quite a site to see wrestling that heavy axle from your truck to mine in a gas station parking lot!:rotflmao

Thanks to Mel for timing my truck again and to Old Mister Bill for letting us play with your diesel timing light adaptor which works well by the way.

I can't wait until next year. Gonna be a hoot.

To all who have never been or have wished you did.... MAKE PLANS TO GO NOW! If you don't plan for it you'll miss it again next year. Lets make the 10 year anniversary the biggest yet!;Sweet

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Looks like next year will be right next door for me since Mel's doing it. might not even need to camp just drive in every dayLOL i look forward to seeing next years plans!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Me and the girlfriend already got plans to be there next year, were saving money right now for it, but we will probly have to drive the PSD:eek:LOL but we dont have no fancy travel trailer or nothing like that so we will have to sleep in a tent for a week lol

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I cant wait to find out where at in PA its gonna be! No matter what were going! So anyways anyone have the time yet to post any photos of this years rally?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We made it in about 20 minutes ago safe and sound. Other than a healthy traffic jam, the trip was uneventful.
Gotta give Chris and Jessica a big shoutout for a great week. The Butts' had a great time in Garden Prairie IL.
Was good to meet up with the gang again and the others here from the board that ventured on over.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
just got in myself. had a little mishap on the way home, felt like i going to lose the fiver. pics to follow in a little bit. :cry:

diesel4me2

Reaction score
all right, so the story goes like this. said goodbyes, dump the tanks, head on out. truck feels a little loose, bump up the air pressure a little bit (90lbs). hear a little "ting" and all hell breaks loose. truck bed drops about 11 inches on the drivers side, camper lurches over into on coming traffic, smoke starts pouring out from under the truck. im trying to stop the truck, keep the kids calm, trailer in my lane, and pulling off the road. i get the truck stopped, jump out and check the damage. first thing thats apparent is i lost an air bag, tire, and my clean shorts. upon further inspection my pan hard bar ripped out a chunk of my frame :eek:. made a few phone calls and had a 6x6x8 chunk of oak delivered. jacked the truck up, cut the air bag out, ratchet- strapped the wood in place and slowly drove home. i think the frame ripped and the weight of the camper pushed the bag into the tire, rubbing a hole in it. and now the pics.

Attachments

• MVC-632S.JPG
    MVC-632S.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-640S.JPG
    MVC-640S.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
  • MVC-638S.JPG
    MVC-638S.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 30
  • MVC-631S.JPG
    MVC-631S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 37
  • MVC-627S.JPG
    MVC-627S.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 16
  • MVC-628S.JPG
    MVC-628S.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 32
  • MVC-629S.JPG
    MVC-629S.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 36
  • MVC-630S.JPG
    MVC-630S.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 29

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No good....hope you can get it fixed before the next time you need the truck. I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year. I'm planning on attending a smaller meet up here in FL. Dad has family in PA and it's the American home area of the Kline family so I should go up there. I always talk a big talk and then do nothing though. Great to see everybody had a good safe time.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Holy smokes! Sure glad you and the kids are safe and sound. That looks ugly. If ya need a frame I've got one with your name one it.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
No good....hope you can get it fixed before the next time you need the truck.

new bags will be here monday, frame will be welded up on tuesday, just in time for me to go to work :D

how was the rally??

i had an excellent time ;Sweet. i'm, working on an photo album. i'll post a link when it's done. look below for a little preview

Holy smokes! Sure glad you and the kids are safe and sound. That looks ugly. If ya need a frame I've got one with your name one it.

thanks. i just might take you up on that :sly

Attachments

• MVC-549S.JPG
    MVC-549S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
  • MVC-555S.JPG
    MVC-555S.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
  • MVC-510S.JPG
    MVC-510S.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-601S.JPG
    MVC-601S.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-558S.JPG
    MVC-558S.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 34

dak287

super dave
Reaction score
chris, sorry to hear about your truck, glad to hear everyone is okay and that you managed to get everything under control, beat that was pretty hairy, want to say thanks to you and jessica for your hospitality, it was great to meet everyone and see the trucks, thanks again for everything.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Finally made it home safe and sound. A big thanks to Chris and Jessica for a well put on rally. We had a great time. Had a few mishaps comming home, but nothing like your, Chris. Holy smokes. Glad everyone is all right.

We left yesterday at noontime. During the trip the awning on the camper decides to start falling off. Luckly a passing vehicle alerted us of it and we secured it w/ a tie down strap. Made it to just outside Cleveland by 11 pm and we slept at a rest area. After going to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame today, we met up w/ Rob and got the bumper for Mel then headed home. The truck felt as little bouncy and I checked things at a rest area. Found the RF lower shock mount broke. So we limped it home w/ no shocks on the RF. Also kept losing power off and on, but after talking to Mel, I think it's an advance problem inside the IP. Time to start saving for another one.

Left Cleveland at 1 pm and made it home by 9:30. Not to bad pulling a camper through the mountains.

It was great to see everyone and meet some new people. Looking forward to next year.

John

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN! Chris, that could have been very ugly. Glad to hear you all are OK.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.