OB.net texting service

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I know theres email notification but some people don't link their email account to their phone or have limited data so they turn it off until they want to use it. But if a member is really trying to get a hold of another member about a scheduled meeting or whatever and the latter member doesn't have email turned on, They'll never know. But if OB.net could text them, It would work regardless of data usage and almost every carrier has free unlimited texts. But set it up to where OB would be the middle man and not reveal either parties number. Like craigslist does for a sellers email on the ad. You'll never know the true address unless they respond. Or, could keep it completely anonymous on both ends. Would work when chapter leaders are trying to get ahold of members about changed plans for a gtg, If a meeting is scheduled to purchase parts or w/e and something happens to one party, instead of messaging on here and waiting and hoping they get it, When a PM is sent, it would go to their inbox like normal but it would also fire them a text if its turned on so it would make better communication. I know there is cons to this and seriously seriously doubt something like this would happen but thought I'd throw it out there. I mean hell, People put their entire lives, personal info, and activities on facebook for total strangers to see so at that point, whats the "harm" of this? I am truly defining insanity one post at a time.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Facebook used to do that.
The extra service might not be worth the price.
Might as well get he persons number and just text them from the start. Lol

I don't know, just my view of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Facebook used to do that.
The extra service might not be worth the price.
Might as well get he persons number and just text them from the start. Lol

I don't know, just my view of it.

True, But some people are "paranoid" I guess about others having there number. And You can't blame them really. I was just tinkering with the electrical on the '87 trying to figure out *** I'm supposed to do with it and that came across my mind. I didn't really think of it as a possibility. Kinda like a 911 type thing also as we have a diesel down forum.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
For sure.
It's not so much as people not giving out the number, it's posting it openly on the forum.
Most you can pm and they'll gladly give their number to chit-chat.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
For sure.
It's not so much as people not giving out the number, it's posting it openly on the forum.
Most you can pm and they'll gladly give their number to chit-chat.

True. I have seen where people openly posted home address's, phone numbers, name, etc... Makes you wonder sometimes. Another thing they could try again is a live chat.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Why? Its a hell of a lot faster than waiting for a post reply, everyone can get together at once, etc... Might of tried before and it didn't work, why not try again? Especially for those of us who don't have that tapa water Jasper said.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys make me feel old.iv got like,at best a 5% understanding of this whole conversation.i only give myself a 5% because not that iv ever done it,but i do know at least what texting is lmao! the rest.......it's all French.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online