No run

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
I recenty bought a 91 D250, like 2 weeks ago, and now the truck doesnt wanna run. Its mostly stock except for the injectors. The PO said he installed +75hp injectors and it has 5 inch exhaust from the turbo back and gagues. I bypassed the lift pump with an Holley red pump and still no start. I dont know much about the injector pumps on these 1st generations. Wheres the fuel solenden(sp?) for these at? Wich of the 2 wires run the IP? I dont have the truck down in siginaure line yet.

Ramrod90

Soot Junky
Reaction score
Not too much info to work off but here it goes, there are two wires running to your pump, the top one hooks up right under the return line banjo bolt under the AFC tower. the other wire runs to the KSB (cold advance) which is on the side of the pump closest to the fender... the first one I mentioned is the fuel shut off.
The fuel shutoff is just a spring loaded dowel that has a rubber tip to block off the fuel flow, if volume or pressure raise too high, the rubber tip can get torn and tiny pieces of rubber can get thrown into the pump... I would suggest pulling that and see if there are little chunks missing off it... hope this helps.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also have a no start if the spade connector gets corroded. Just wiggle the wires on the fuel solenoid and see if it'll start. Lots of people cut off the spade connectors and install ring terminals and put them under the nut on the solenoid. It will prevent problems down the road. This is assuming you have a cranks but won't fire problem.
Travis..

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
My lift pump took a dump. I currently have a Holley Red pump under there and it runs, but am I throwing too fuel pressure at it? The pump is under the hood. Do I need to move it back or can it where its at without any problems?