No fuel p-pumped 24 valve

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Im supposed to be buying the 89 f350 with a 24 valve p-pump swap today.However the lift pump went out today & he bought an inline pump &it ran for about 10 mins & died.What he did when he hooked up the inline pump was cut 1 of the hoses off his airdog & plumed it through there&as I said it ran for 10 mins & died.He cracked the water separator open on the airdog&nothing came out.He belives it's gelled fuel.Idk if running it through the airdog is a good idea or not.Anyways could that be the problem if not what else is there to try?Thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
From your other thread, it already sounds kinda hacked together. I would most likely run away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
Im all for advice if it helps me out.Im just trying to see how it sounded hacked together in my last post?All I said was it didn't have ac & that there was a screw or grommet of some sort missing off of the timing cover.&the t case needed a custom linkge made up.Fuel pumps go out.I bought a truck before pump went bad 2 daya later,had my uncles truck borrowed it was maintained to the t the day I got it,it had a fuel issue.He was being honest instead of selling it to me&it breaking down on the way home.He went & got the fuel pump to see if that was the issue & if it was b4 I picked it up he was gonna replace the motor in the airdog.Im just trying to see if piping through the airdog is bad & if not gelled fuel what to look for?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Just doesn't make sense that the fuel pump would go out the day you go to look at it.
Yeah, stuff happens. But then that it would only run for 10 minutes then die.
Just doesn't sound right, imo.

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
I see where your coming from.Actually
He said it was running & then would die yesterday so he was gonna try a new pump.I'm skeptical but tryint to keep a open mind.He thinks maybe the fuel is gelled it is pretty could.But I bought a powerstroke one time that ran on diesel that had been sitting in it for 2 years,was also summer.I just wouldn't think the fuel would gell up he said it's been in there for a few weeks...now it was in the 60s now in the teens.I think it's more of an air issue.I know little of the airdog 150 but running a parts store pump spliced into a hose off of it to me sounds like it could be a problem.Do you have any idea if it would?I plan on driving it for quite sometime before I buy it.If it doesn't get fixed.I found a lifted 12 valve had a few problems I noticed so the guy put it in the shop new Heater core,new t case seals&axle seal.Lifted 6 inches has kdp fix,banks cold air intake inside looks new,new wheels&tires 8k has a built tranny.It has a lien on it the guy lives down the road so we have to drive a 1&1/2 there&back to get the title so Ill see it runs right.But its an auto 260k.I like the fummins as he has gotten all the paperwork on the build less then 15k on the motor which was completely rebuilt.&the manual.So we will see...starting to look like a may have to go powerstroke for my price range.But I'm afraid if I do that I will regret it,I owned a 99.5 lb cc 4x4 dually & never got to drive it as it gave me nothing but problems & there was so much electrical junk in it&so much in the way of everything.Took me almost a month to track down a chaffed wire.I know the sbc well&learning the cummins.Don't wanna throw powerstroke in there.Hard to find a kow mile 7.3 sd longbed &Im still not sold on the duramax

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The duramax are more of a money pit, imo. And I like them.
Depending how he bypassed the airdog, that could be a problem.
Unless your below 0, today's fuel shouldn't gel that easy. If it's summer fuel in the tank, it could be possible.
Also depending how he hooked everything up, some of the stock lift pump components are known to suck air.
Take a few gallon jug of fuel, set it on the cowl, run a line straight into the injector pump. They'll run without a lift pump.

I haven't had any major problems with my obs powerstroke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx