New toy truck worth it?

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1684454757.html

looking at getting this truck if the owner wants to do a swap for my 1976 Camaro. It's a bad year for the camaro, but the car's body is in good condition it has a 350 and a t350 auto trans. Interior needs work.

I know what you can see about the '84 Blazer. so do you think this would be a decent deal. I know i need to inspect the 6.2 for blow-by, head-gasket, etc issue but if it checks out?

thoughts?

p.s. if a mod reads this this forum could use some organization and stickies for these common questions. . give me the power to get it done!!! ;)

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno about those 42s man, the stock blazer axles won't live much long with them on if you wheel it hard. You really want the 1-ton axles with tires that big, and you probably know how easy and cheap it is to find a D60 front... Just something to think about in a non-diesel direction.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up not mattering. that thing is a piece of crap. rusted out in a few place and every panel was from a different vehicle. the engine was a little tired too. ah well

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
p.s. if a mod reads this this forum could use some organization and stickies for these common questions. . give me the power to get it done!!! ;)
Yes I do read this section. And yes, it is not as well organized as the 6.9/7.3 section. the 6.9/7.3 tech articles and sticky section is a culmination of ten years worth of work. I have no problems if you are willing to volunteer to write a detailed article with using the various threads in this and the 6.5 section as citeable references. When you have it done, post the article and I will definitely make it a sticky.;Sweet