new to a cummins advice would be welcome

swuchase1

Reaction score
i have owned the truck for a while it sat mostly want to start towing my race truck with it what should I do first. It is a sound truck brakes work good trans is new less than 2000 miles it runs good. but you we just cant leave them stock lol. so what is the best bank for the buck. 5.9 12v in a 1990 350 I put electric fans on it and a temp gauge thats it. any halp would be cool thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have owned the truck for a while it sat mostly want to start towing my race truck with it what should I do first. It is a sound truck brakes work good trans is new less than 2000 miles it runs good. but you we just cant leave them stock lol. so what is the best bank for the buck. 5.9 12v in a 1990 350 I put electric fans on it and a temp gauge thats it. any halp would be cool thanks
if you're not into sled pulling, a rotary pumped Cummins will do fine. Change it out to a 3.55 gearing and your truck will tow anything.

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a rotary pump or VE pump you turn the fuel up by turning a screw clockwise inward ... it is located just behind the pump housing and just under the top cover of the main part of the pump .. its kinda behind the little U-shaped air tube that comes from the intake of the head ... it dont take very much to make a lot of difference .... also it has a soft aluminum cover over it to keep people from messing with it ...kinda looks like a pen cap .... its kinda hard to get to... sorry dont have any way to upload pics right now ... there is a guy on here that has a complete breakdown of the VE pump but i cant think of where i found it at

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online