New Member (couple question's)

1993rollincoal

Reaction score
I own a 93 CTD 4x4, Fresh ve pump and auto trans. 4" exhaust.

Do these trucks ran an open diff or limited slip. I have a dana 70 with 4:10's.

Has anyone had any luck with the pulse manifold that PDR sells? I understand the technology behind them(more uniform exuast pulse to feed the turbo) but do they actually improve performance? on paper it looks like it would.

What is the thresh hold of the factory auto(stock convertor)? pump isnt tweaked....yet.

thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

As for Limited Slip or Open - depends on which one you have. Easy way to tell - jack it up and with the truck in neutral roll one tires by hand - if the tire on the otherside travels in the same direction then you have a limited slip - if it rolls in the other direction then you have an Open Diff.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Yep. There shoudl be a tab on the diff cover too that would show if it's a LSD or not. Also I think the code sheet in the glove box (or maybe it's the door...can't remember) will show you if you have a LSD or not.

Don't have teh manifold but I'm thinking that if I keep my '93 and fix it up then I'm going to look into getting one for it.

Factory trannies aren't good for much beyond stock. I'm sure a little tweak would be OK but beyond that you're probably going to need a converter swap.

Also, one of teh first things you need to do is install a set of gages. In your case, you'll want a boost, EGT, and trannie temp gage and if you really want to knwo what you're engine is doing you should also think about a tach as well. Never figured out why Dodge didn't install tachs in these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online