new exhust time

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its time for a new exhust for my truck. i want to get a whole exhust kit from the turbo back but when i go on summits site i get few choices for my IDI. where can i find a good aftermarket kit from the turbo back that is better then stock and sounds good

Last edited:

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i want a new downpipe also i figure mine as well get new everything just dont know how they sound and what one to get

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypermax is the only current source I know of that sells a complete (and I mean complete - you won't need to go get anything) system.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, wait, doesn't ATS also sell a complete exhaust for the IDI trucks? But, it is not (by any means) cheap.

I just pieced my exhaust together. Do you have a 3" downpipe on your truck or is it still the stocker?

A new 3" downpipe can be bought from ATS for about $75, if you already have the upgrade.

From there back...well, you can run a straight piece of 4" pipe (with your muffler of choice, if you want one, in there) back to the tailpipe. You can get a 4" tailpipe through Walker...it's the one from their n/a IDI diesel exhaust, you can buy the tailpipe by itself for around $60. They also sell the muffler hanger you need for 4" pipe. I got the tailpipe, hanger, 4"-3" reducer (for the downpipe), and some rubber hangers all from rockauto.

I think I had about $200-250 in my complete exhaust, including the price of the muffler I bought. Of course, that's all pretty much gone now since I'm going to stacks eventually (right now I have a temporary side exit exhaust, which you could do REALLY cheap).

Hope that helps.