New clutch slipping.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Make sure to take pics.
Im scratching my head if i sealed the bolts or not... i took pics of everything, but my phone got erased-cuss.
i do know they had stuff on em from the start

lude and rude

Reaction score
i think hes right on the crank not being blind holes. i have an engine on a stand now and seem to remember when we moved it around a bunch with oil in it they weeped some oil. kind of baffled me at first but makes perfect sense now.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny question where's the vent tube for this transmission. My 460 5 speed I can't find one.

If it doesn't have one and it was seal up tight then I would blow oil out of any gasket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't seal my bolts, threads had stuff not em, I haven the had any leaks so far, I do know my last clutch had some oil on it becaus my turbo pedestal leaked a ton down the back of the engine and also had a fuel leak in the past that was extreme but I sealed all that befor installing new clutch

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over torquing pp bolts... and if one broke or stretched then the pp clamping force will be weaker than should be thus causing slippage and or chatter unxer load.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I didn't seal my bolts, threads had stuff not em, I haven the had any leaks so far, I do know my last clutch had some oil on it becaus my turbo pedestal leaked a ton down the back of the engine and also had a fuel leak in the past that was extreme but I sealed all that befor installing new clutch
X2

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
My new AZ flywheel bolts always come with blue thread lock on them, but I always put some extra wet blue thread locker on then when I install them. The dry stuff doesn't seal as well.

The ZF5 vents through the top cover of the shifter housing (plate that retains the shifter).

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you torque the pressure plate bolts to? The reason I ask is that luk had a run of kits with the hardware bags that had the WRONG torque value printed on the bag. I was fortunate enough to get one of those kits. All the bolts but one made it to the stupidly high toque spec.

These are the bolts that came in the box.
You must be registered for see images attach

Notice the bags have the same torque number for 5/16 and 3/8 bolts??

They overnighted me new hardware with a healthy apology. These were the new ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

No spec printed. I put sealant on my bolts. Moron that did the last clutch job on this truck did not. Not only did it leak, the also put the disk in upside down.

[emoji849]

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cheapo torque wrench broke on me during the flywheel install, I had to guess on the torque from there as I had no way to the parts store, but I've been using torque wrenches for years so I know about what it should feel like.