Needing adjustable reciever hitch.

Fordbinder

Reaction score
I am in need of a class III or IV receiver hitch to fit the rear frame of my 5th wheel camper, I need this to tow a small call on all fours behind 5th wheel. Must be adjustable to 72 " at least.

I am located in Altoona, Iowa 50009

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
curt and reese... weight limits are a tad light tho

Fordbinder

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, planning on pulling a small car behind the 5th wheel down on all fours so weight should not be an issue.
Priced hitches new- man are they proud of them, hoping to find used close to my location.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, planning on pulling a small car behind the 5th wheel down on all fours so weight should not be an issue.
Priced hitches new- man are they proud of them, hoping to find used close to my location.
here's part of the problem, most of this style hitch is welded to the frame. here's the etrailer choices if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Hitch.aspx

Fordbinder

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Towcat; I should add that behind the rv I would be pulling by tow bar with all four wheels on ground a 2002 ford ******.
I have a CDL and driving experience. Do you see any problems with my plan?

Fordbinder

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Towcat; I should add that behind the rv I would be pulling by tow bar with all four wheels on ground a 2002 ford ******.
I have a CDL and driving experience. Do you see any problems with my plan?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brakes!
and the auto outweighs the hitch safety parameters.
your not safe with a 3k hitch imo.

Fordbinder

Reaction score
CLB; I just looked up the manufactures dry weight on my vehicle and it claims to be 2564 lbs. According to that with a brake buddy I should be good to go. Although I will put some stuff in the focus it should still be underweight.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CLB; I just looked up the manufactures dry weight on my vehicle and it claims to be 2564 lbs. According to that with a brake buddy I should be good to go. Although I will put some stuff in the focus it should still be underweight.

Just a caution warning. My dad (a professional driver for over 29 years) used a brake buddy to tow behind his motorhome. Used a (supposedly) approved pump system to keep the transmission fluid flowing as most cars aren't approved to tow all 4 wheel on the ground. Worked decent with only 2 problems. 1) He inadvertently miss adjusted the brake buddy when installing once and overheated the brakes on the vehicle towed requiring rims and tires, and 2) The trans pump worked as advertized but the trans only lasted about 120,000 miles (seems like a lot, but a similarly equipped and operated vehicle lasted 170,000 w/o towing).

As stated there aren't many vehicles approved for towing on all 4, at least last I heard, so it may void warranties.