Need To Replace Oil Cooler

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I got the oil cooler completely installed this weekend drove the truck to work today everything went as good as expected or I should say as I hoped for I did end up flushing the radiator as per the videos that I watched on this threadI am a little bit concerned though I am still showing sometimes almost a 10 degree temperature Delta which is a little frustrating seen sell it is a brand new oil cooler is that normal seen a 10 degree temperature difference I was cranking on the highway at 75 miles per hour at about 90 degrees Fahrenheit with my air conditioner on high im pretty darn high humidity outside

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Usually they say 3-4* is what you want to shoot for. That said, everyone who says that says to test it to run it at 60mph on flat land. 10 degrees for your situation doesn't sound to bad. Find a backroad or something at cruise at 60 for a while and see what your delta is.

Do you have a coolant filter?

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will do exactly. yes I do have a: filter I installed it a couple weeks back it is a sinister Diesel bypass filter. I will update my sig here shortly