Need tires

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need tires so I want to know what tires are good on these trucks. Are the cooper at adventures too light of a tire for this truck? I also found mickey thompson baja stz for 135 but I don't know if these are rated for the truck. I called every tire place thats a franchise no one at pepboys or firestone or walmart will put bigger tires on it or do a front end alignment because its a lifted truck.LOL So i'm going to buy the tires and get my gfs dad to put them on so I need some help finding a good tire. Truck is a 2500 silverado ext.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the cooper discoverer at3's.
You'll get tons of opinions for tires. Lol

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
Yea well every time I got quoted a tire I showed up to get them then they were like o you can't use 4 ply you need 10 ply you can't use load range b you need load range e. I would tell them over the phone I needed a light truck tire for a 2500 then when I show up they change there price and options.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
A 3/4 ton should run a load range E tire. My 03 6.0 Excursion has 265-75R16 LT load range E tires. I have been running Firestone Transforce A/T tires in this size for the last 70,000 miles. I am now just on my second set. The only think you could get away with running "car tires" on is a half ton that never hauls anything more than groceries. We had an 83 F-150 and it had P235-75R15 tires on it when we bought it. The first thing we did was swap them to 31x10.50 15 LT tires. You might be able to get away with load range D tires..... but they will be really "soft" and will cause a sway with any weight. The Warden on here put load rang D's on his F-250, the first time he hauled a relatively light trailer (I think he said something like 4000lbs) he was all over the road. He immediately replaced the tires when he got back with load range E tires.......

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 3/4 ton should run a load range E tire. My 03 6.0 Excursion has 265-75R16 LT load range E tires. I have been running Firestone Transforce A/T tires in this size for the last 70,000 miles. I am now just on my second set. The only think you could get away with running "car tires" on is a half ton that never hauls anything more than groceries. We had an 83 F-150 and it had P235-75R15 tires on it when we bought it. The first thing we did was swap them to 31x10.50 15 LT tires. You might be able to get away with load range D tires..... but they will be really "soft" and will cause a sway with any weight. The Warden on here put load rang D's on his F-250, the first time he hauled a relatively light trailer (I think he said something like 4000lbs) he was all over the road. He immediately replaced the tires when he got back with load range E tires.......
Yea I know I want load range E but every time I call somewhere they quote me a good price I drive there and they say sorry sir he quoted you a load range b tire. Well on the phone I told you the truck model. It just baffles me thar 3 places did this to me and wouldn't compensate my time driving there to price match what they quote on the phone.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you have run into a series of people who cannot hear. For your truck load range D or E will do. I know because my 3/4 ton F250 has been running D's for 4 years and that truck has been through the wringer for everything from daily driving to hauling a trailer and being loaded right up with wood/camping supplies or just a giant load of heavy scrap. The difference is how stiff the tires are (loosely put) which greatly affects tire life, wear and how the truck feels on the road when driving and especially when hauling or towing. If you can get E rated then go there. Maybe next time say "E as in edward" LOL.

What type of tire that depends entirely on what you plan on doing with the truck. You will see LOTS of tire opinions on that topic.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you have run into a series of people who cannot hear. For your truck load range D or E will do. I know because my 3/4 ton F250 has been running D's for 4 years and that truck has been through the wringer for everything from daily driving to hauling a trailer and being loaded right up with wood/camping supplies or just a giant load of heavy scrap. The difference is how stiff the tires are (loosely put) which greatly affects tire life, wear and how the truck feels on the road when driving and especially when hauling or towing. If you can get E rated then go there. Maybe next time say "E as in edward" LOL.

What type of tire that depends entirely on what you plan on doing with the truck. You will see LOTS of tire opinions on that topic.
I want a all terrain especially I do allot of hunting and I go dirt biking and sometimes the places I go will have 3ft mud in the parking area. The truck calls for a 245 but I want a 265 because I have 35" mud tires on right now.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of 50% worn BFG Mud terrains on the IDI for mostof the 4 years. The never let me down in mud, snow, dirt, gravel etc.