Need help ip problem!!

Dieselmafia

Reaction score
I turned up the fuel pump like everyone eventually dose and now it won't start . I have fuel to the bleed valve of the filter housing. But no fuel to the lines . What do I do.

6.9 F250

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You still have air in your injection system.
Crack open all injector lines to injectors with a 5/8 wrench (1/2 turn counterclockwise). Continue to crank over engine until fuel emits from the injector line caps. Once you see fuel coming out, close them one by one until they are all primed & shut. It should start then.
Hope you have a pyrometer installed, or you could do some serious damage to your engine with your pump now turned up.

Dieselmafia

Reaction score
Well to tell you the whole story I was told the wrong information I'm assuming and I turned the Allen twords the radiator the first time . After all that hassle and a fail attempt I turned to back the way I found it.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need. I crank engine over 10 seconds at a time. Then get out and tighten any lines that fuel has come out of & continue the process until they are all primed. It's ok if engine starts up. It will just shoot a little fuel out from lines that are still loose is all.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends. I got an aux fuel pump on mine so it primes system within a minute or so.
Sometimes it can be difficult removing all the air out of system. When your cranking, it might help keeping fuel peddle pressed down until it sputters.

Dieselmafia

Reaction score
Fuel spits out of the filter valve so I'm assuming the pump itself is good. I've turned it over four times or so in 10 second intervals. I see bubbles but no fuel.

Any way to contact anyone if not possible I completely understand

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time you open the shrader valve, you are re-introducing air into the system. Once you see bubbles & fuel coming from injector line caps, close them

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned it over with a remote starter and watched the lines when fuel came out I closed the lines, the whole process took about 10-15 minutes. I waited for 2-3 injectors lines to drip before I tightened them. It helps a lot if the motor is already warm before this try plugging it in and let it get warm before bleeding and starting the engine may help some

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id hate to be the bad guy, but not everyone turns their pumps up so we can look cool wasting money.
may wanna change your name if youre gonna get stumped on this.:Thumbs Up